Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Options for ladder racks - ute

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
Hey guys,

I need to carry a ladder around for work, but I want a hardlid at the same time. At the moment I'm thinking of going with a roofrack and the tow-bar mounted ladder rack (looks like a big T bar) except I can't find anywhere that sells them! I went to Blueys ute world on the weekend and for a dirty gold-coloured tow-rack they want about $350, but I want a silver one...

Does anyone know where to get them? Will need a towbar as well, if anyone knows where to get them at a good price.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
Be inventive, put a dolley on it ad tow it behind you.....sorry, buy a trailer and leave your ute unmolested.

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
Haha, I wish I could. Parking for my job is ridiculous sometimes!

I had three options:
Soft tonneau with ladder racks - gay, don't want a soft tonneau
Hardlid, removable ladder racks - bit too much effort
Hardlid, roofrack, towbar and towrack - most expensive option, but it works the best for what I want and need.

Mrk_Mickey

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute series ll
Hahaha nah I just can't afford to use a soft tonneau when I get all my equipment to carry around from my boss. I work all over the joint and a lot of the time I'm not near the ute if anything goes wrong so having a lockable hardlid makes things much easier on the head.