Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

options menu URGENT!! please read

tashsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz hsv clubsport
hi all

i own a vz hsv clubsport, the other day i went for a random scroll through my options menu and i noticed that some/most of the features have gone missing. it seems like there all basic vz exec features. il explain.....

the features i have now are... restore,underspeed chime,dist to arrival,dist to arrival default,trip comp,stop watch,rest reminder,and the calibration

what im missing is radio display,speed depentent wipers,audio distortion limiter,head lights off delay,headlight approach time,auto headlight sensitivity,courtesy lamp time out,ignition off courtesy lamp,intermittent wiper speed,two stage lock,door lock indication and accessory control

i had a dvd player installed the other week,
and a srs fualt cleared the other day i took it back to the guy who did the fault clear and he has no idea why they are missing

any help would be appreciated
cheers kai

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
As far as I'm aware, installing an aftermarket cd player will cause you to lose some menu functions.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
that happened to me as well when i installed my aftermarket sony deck in my vz, all the audio options etc have gone

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Yeah, but the non audio options should still be there. I cant say for sure as i havn't gotten around to replacing the stereo yet but you shouldn't have lost all those non audio options. Suggest giving Holden a call and asking to speak to a tech about it quickly..

tashsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz hsv clubsport
thanks guys for the tips

is there anyone else with reasons why my car has lost all features? might have to call holden up

tashsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz hsv clubsport
anyone know? still need some info

cheers

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
have you tried using the restore function?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
anyone know? still need some info

cheers

did you replace the head unit?

the early vz's when you removed the stock headunit removed some menu options aswell as the audio options, there is a update to the dash software to fix this and restore the other options,

so its a holden fix if thats what it is

oz1701

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 5.7
did you replace the head unit?

the early vz's when you removed the stock headunit removed some menu options aswell as the audio options, there is a update to the dash software to fix this and restore the other options,

so its a holden fix if thats what it is

i tried this but it didnt work for me (assuming that the dealership actually did what i asked them to of course)

does any one know the technical details of this update - as in what version the software is and how i might check to see if it has been done. i can see that some settings have changed but for all i know they just hit the reset to factory button.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
my VZ exec has all those features in the menu system. Radio has never been out tho.