Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Orange cluster Display need help

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
So i had been out all day in the car, got home, and noticed WTF one of the LCDs on my cluster was Orange, now im confused, some friends have said oh its nothing, its just the green light blew, but if that was the case, why is it a perfect orange, its almost as if the globe was changed, what do you guys think?

PS warning lots are on because im waiting on a new ABS controller, but anyways WTF orange display lol

dash.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok... had a chat with some other peeps on here and the general feel it that the filter has fallen off the globe behind that window.

All the globes in the Dash and console are normal globes (yellow/orange) with little green filters or condoms on them...

If for whatever reason this filter fell off... this would account for the color change.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks, thats sounds like it would be the reason, i just wanted to know what i was looking at replacing before taking the cluster out. hopefully that is the problem because it sounds easy to rectify.

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
i would wage a bet that once those warning lights go off, your orange lcd issue will go away. no offense but sif they would use orange globes with green filters!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
White globes - with a green "condom" over the globe. The plastic shows orange on all trip computers with out the green diffussers or condoms.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i would love to no if this is true! i would personaly pull the green filters off all my globes to make them orange wouldnt that look mad?? or is it just me?
and by the way does any one know if there are any diffrent colour needles i could use?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The green trip computer window has the green cover - take it off and you have orange trip computer.

Photo - I put a standard globe in it and this is what happened....

Attachments

• Orange.JPG
    Orange.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 294

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can confirm, i took all the green condoms off the LCD's and they are all orange now, IMO they look better orange, will post pics later

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I can confirm, i took all the green condoms off the LCD's and they are all orange now, IMO they look better orange, will post pics later

that would be great i wanna see a picture

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
i would wage a bet that once those warning lights go off, your orange lcd issue will go away. no offense but sif they would use orange globes with green filters!

Ok... so what was the wager and when can i expect payment? :p