Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Order of power / best model

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
senator is just a calais v8 and a clubsport is an SS. i would rather a nice v8 calais with all the options then a commodore ss anyday.

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
I think your right there,

Grange
Senator Signature
GTS
Senator
R8
Clubsport

From top to bottom.

That is the list in order of "Luxury"....As far as power goes in the VY model, it was GTS with the most power at 300KW, then Grange/Signature's/Senators/R8's and Clubsports all had exactly same power output at 285KW for series 2 and 260KW for series 1 VY.
I think the GTS was possibly also the most expensive (was very close to Grange price)
The SS was only ever a standard Holden engine (well Chev) and was 245KW from memory.
Anyone who doesnt give a HSV more credit than a standard SS is a tool!
Let me see would I prefer a stock SS "family car" or one where someone has fitted better Spoiler kit,Suspension, Engine tune and more power, noisier exhaust system, Intake, Brakes, and better seats and interior......geee make mine a HSV thanks! No snobbiness in that decision.

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
senator is just a calais v8 and a clubsport is an SS. i would rather a nice v8 calais with all the options then a commodore ss anyday.

Senator is based on Calais specs, and R8 Clubsport is based on Berlina specs with Climate control etc, Clubsport is more like an SS I guess but has way more stuff!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
HSV = add brakes, add tune, add weight for a total gain of just about nothing :) and perhaps worse handling. Thats about the truth of it, but there's plenty people around who like the badge status and posh seats. I myself would prefer the SS even at the same price

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
HSV = add brakes, add tune, add weight for a total gain of just about nothing :) and perhaps worse handling. Thats about the truth of it, but there's plenty people around who like the badge status and posh seats. I myself would prefer the SS even at the same price

Completley different motor and diff gears greenfoam, 317kw 376 ci block @ 6.2L
They go a lot harder and they do handle better ( i test drove a SSV before buying the R8 )

And the seats i think are important if you spend a fair bit of time in your car on the road and on the track.

As for the badge yeah it does make you feel warm and fuzzy:yeah:.. thats all part of the superior badge squad ;)

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Tell him to get his hand off it. I'd take a Senator over an SS anyday.