Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Order of power / best model

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
I have a mate who likes to be a hater, you know the kind, and he has a VZ SS LS1.

I have a VY Senator. As I understand it, it goes in order from lowest to highest models:

Exec / Berlina or Acclaim
SV8
SS
Clubsport
Senator / Grange
GTS

Now is the Senator a grandpa model caus I know the club is supposed to be for the spirited drivers etc, but I mean who cares if the Senator has more electric gizzmos, its still far from a grandpas sunday driver isnt it?

The GTS is the highest output model at 300 I believe and is like the clubby on steroids without the grandpa factor.

It annoys me no end that he only has an SS but thinks his is more sportier / performance orientated / faster than the Senator. I mean I dont go around looking at all SS's or clubs as turds being all snobby etc I like them all, but i think he is just being a hater caus he couldnt afford an HSV.

Whats the bottom line here?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
The bottom line is your friend needs to grow up!

A senator is a HSV, an SS is only a Holden still. There's a reason the Senators are considered "Holden Special Vehicles". Thats all i have to say!

The SS's may be a bit sportier, and are a really nice drive, but Senators are more luxiourous. And you must remember that this is all in the eye of the beholder!

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
at the end of the day, they do the same thing. its all about money and appearance. Someone in a HSV says I've got the money and am not afraid to show it off. Not that they're to be thought of in the same group as people who drive porsche cayennes..
My 2c

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a tough decision when I got our car as I had a choice between an 05 club LS2 auto or the 04 senator, but the club wasnt leather. Probably would have got the LS2 now that Ive had time to drive it etc. But the leather is really nice.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Here is my way of looking at it...

Holden and HSV don't actually produce and sports cars...

What yout make has is a powerful v8 FAMILY SEDAN and what you have is a powerful V8 Luxury FAMILY SEDAN.

So whenever he give you attitude about it... just remind him that he drives a family sedan... not a sports car... :p

I mean... as do you... but yours isn't pretending to be...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Engine wise they are basically the same. Give me my Sig over an SS any day. Your mate sounds like a wanker.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah he is like that sort of guy that pokes fun even though the logic isnt there. Cheers for responses guys.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i think GTS comes before senator?

I think your right there,

Grange
Senator Signature
GTS
Senator
R8
Clubsport

From top to bottom.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
its VY, so dont forget the gto coupe and coupe4 in that :)