Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi all
I have ordered a new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I, cost $799
it's a DigOptions Android GPS for Holden Commodore VE Series I 2DIN Navi Bluetooth Radio Stereo DVD,
it has a 8in screen & VE Series 1 Dash Facia with full AC Controller, very nice unit & looks like part of the car
I may have to paint the facia black to make it fit in color wise, it also comes with all parts to fix to the factory wire harnesses
they only had 5 when I ordered my one, but they may get more

dig%20radio_zps1azge3lk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Will post photos when I have it fitted in

Car DVD Players, Reverse Camera Kits, Car Entertainment System, Home Electronics | DIG Options

Queston does any one know if you can change the Series 1 top of radio lcd screen that is red to a clock only

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Interesting find, even tho, for me, a phone is enough for nav and "upgraded stereo" :)
But still, curious to see the final result!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Had a look at their web site, not exactly overloaded with information. Do you know what the 'operating system' is for the navigation ? Are the maps upgradeable and if so how often and what cost ? Good luck with it.

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Had a look at their web site, not exactly overloaded with information. Do you know what the 'operating system' is for the navigation ? Are the maps upgradeable and if so how often and what cost ? Good luck with it.

It clearly says Android operating system, so good bet it is google maps and 2 years free map upgrades .

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

Wince 6.0 operating system for the navigation, a lot of Android radios use Wince for nav, & yes it does come with 2 years free map upgrades, I get it next Wed 6th after I fit it I will post photes, they said you only need to replace the old unit with the new, all fitting come with it, & with Steering Wheel Control

Last edited:

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
'a phone is enough for nav and "upgraded stereo" :)'

Yes But a big 8in screen will be great