Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Site says it has USB, Bluetooth, AUX and RCA's for those who can't find it on their webpage.

Looks pretty good actually, the silver would annoy me if I had a SS/Calais/HSV
The tyre pressure monitors caught my eye too...

If its a good unit, It will sell fast. So many P platers will snap one up.

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Any update on this. I'm very keen to know how easy it was to install and how it looks.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
OK, I now have it installed, I must say it works great & has it all, plays DVD's great, it even has inbulit Wi-fi & you can get on the internet, iGo maps Pre-Loaded on unit HD,
Air Conditioner Dials/Buttons all work great with onscreen info, Bluetooth work great, Steering Wheel Button all work, it also controls all of the commodore units

unit%20main%20cable_zpsnbiekfj8.jpg

Main cable that plugs into the Commodore Radio Caable

back%20of%20unit_zps5z7pyvww.jpg

This is the back of the unit, plugs for everthing

unit%20screen_zpsngi1nis6.jpg

This is the unit screen it clips on just like the org radio one

Now what it look like in the dash

unit%20in%20dash%202_zps7pmj7gql.jpg

unit%20in%20dash%203_zpsn0g5z1fa.jpg

unit%20in%20dash%201_zpslugiocie.jpg

It only come in silver but as you can see it mates up with the silver trim & looks good,
I got a can of black plastic dip & was going to change the Fascia & silver trim to black
What do you think leave it Silver or redo it black

I now have a blank screen on the top, the red one that displays the org radio info,
anyone know what I could put there, I would like a clock

Gary

Last edited:

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Site says it has USB, Bluetooth, AUX and RCA's for those who can't find it on their webpage.

Looks pretty good actually, the silver would annoy me if I had a SS/Calais/HSV
The tyre pressure monitors caught my eye too...

If its a good unit, It will sell fast. So many P platers will snap one up.

Hi Stockies
It has AUX & Video input/outputs on the back if need

the silver was a pain but it does look good when you get in it in as it mates up with the silver trim in my SV6
I'm thinking about plastic dip the Fascia & trim black, but I dont know
My Son has a VE SSV & it would still look good in it, he has the same silver trim, he loves it, I got to drag him away from it keep saying look it can do this & this,
if you have a Android Phone this is what it like to use.

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Looks great, however I personally think I would prefer Black. What is now displayed on the top screen and how does it sound compared to the stock unit, and is it plug and play as advertised.
I think I will also go ahead with one of these myself. Looks great.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Looks great, however I personally think I would prefer Black. What is now displayed on the top screen and how does it sound compared to the stock unit, and is it plug and play as advertised.
I think I will also go ahead with one of these myself. Looks great.

Hi VPFreak
I would have prefer Black also, but it only comes in silver & you can't knock the price
I did get a can of Black Dupli-Color plastic dip from Super Cheap, thinking I may use this to change the Fascia & trim to black I don't know,
but by using plastic dip if it does not look good all I got to do is peel it off
I may leave it Silver for now

As for the red displayed on the top screen it does not add anything to it, for now it is black
I'm open for ideas, would like a clock to display there

The sound is a big improvement to the stock unit, I still have my org speakers also, the unit does have a cable for a Amp & Sub
MP3's plays great, I put the USB lead in the glove box, it also has a front SD slot next to the Map SD slot (this is only used to updates the maps that are on the HD)
USB & SD can be up to 32 gigs

is it plug and play YES, my son put it in about 2 hrs, most of the time was making the cables neat, the main cable plugs into the Commodore cable that you take out of the stock radio,
then you add the other cables that you are going to use, I added the GPS antenna, USB Cable, Bluetooth Microphone,
it has WIFI, I used my old Rear View Camera but had some problems with it so have ordered a camera from them as it uses more wires.

I was going to get one of the Series II units fitted but the cost was over $2500 it was just to much, anyway I glad I din't get it I love this one
also it plays DVD movies great & looks good on the 8in screen, that 8in screen stands out on the dash

Gary

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Sounds great. I will most likely order one shortly for my SV6. I also looked at the series 2 retro fit however as you say it was way to expensive.
I would leave it silver, as it looks more "factory" than trying to match the black finish. Shame they don't do it in black.

I wonder how hard it would be to have the top display show the volts and oil pressure like in the SS?