Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yeah there are 3 options for "key color" in the settings.

I have the s100 unit in my Colorado and that is pretty much the same setup but wince6 and on that option 1 is green option 2 is red and option 3 is green.
on this s160 unit the 1 and 3 are green but option 2 does not light up, so its a software issue or the led driver for the red leds is stuffed.

my ac controls are not working with this unit atm.
I think the canbus module I got is faulty, waiting for matt to reply and maybe send another one.
if that don't work its going back lol, cant have a non working aircon.
it will be a shame if I have to send it back because its pretty decent, droid 4.4 with 5 in the works and the nav is all android based not wince.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
I was a bit stumped why there's claims that dig options has a setting on their VE S1 unit for dual zone climate control but it says nothing on their site so I emailed Matt and the reply is:

"Thanks for your email

Right now we are working on a solution for dual. Our current solution is for single only.

We will have a solution by the end of this week I hope."

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I was a bit stumped why there's claims that dig options has a setting on their VE S1 unit for dual zone climate control but it says nothing on their site so I emailed Matt and the reply is:

"Thanks for your email

Right now we are working on a solution for dual. Our current solution is for single only.

We will have a solution by the end of this week I hope."

yeah the ac controls don't work with the dual zone hcm, matt is sending me an update this week to test on my dz hcm.
you can buy a single zone hcm out of an omega,sv6,ss for about $50 from the wreckers and swap the dz for the sz, this works as I have done this to get mine working until they update for dz.

also while I am here I managed to get the full specs on it.
2aj2eyg.jpg

it has 2 sd slots that can both be used in the system for storage, I have put 64gb cards in both and tested them and they work fine using FAT32
the usb is capable of using atleast a 2tb portable hdd using FAT32, I have a 500gb connected to mine and it works fine for video and music.
I have not tested other filesystems, exFAT will probably work but I am pretty sure NTFS wont work because that's a microsoft proprietary file system.

it is a full android system "4.4.4 KitKat" there is no wince for nav and stuff its all just android.

testing the leds in the face plate they are green and blue(turquoise) :( no red so I have bought a pile of red smd leds from china and I am going to change them the hard way.

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
testing the leds in the face plate they are green and blue(turquoise) :( no red so I have bought a pile of red smd leds from china and I am going to change them the hard way.

yeah that part is a shame, hoping they fix that with the dz release. As far as the dz goes, I'll just wait until it's release, couldn't be arsed to go to sz then back to dz.

Nice find on full specs by the way.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
yeah the ac controls don't work with the dual zone hcm, matt is sending me an update this week to test on my dz hcm.
you can buy a single zone hcm out of an omega,sv6,ss for about $50 from the wreckers and swap the dz for the sz, this works as I have done this to get mine working until they update for dz.

also while I am here I managed to get the full specs on it.

it has 2 sd slots that can both be used in the system for storage, I have put 64gb cards in both and tested them and they work fine using FAT32
the usb is capable of using atleast a 2tb portable hdd using FAT32, I have a 500gb connected to mine and it works fine for video and music.
I have not tested other filesystems, exFAT will probably work but I am pretty sure NTFS wont work because that's a microsoft proprietary file system.

it is a full android system "4.4.4 KitKat" there is no wince for nav and stuff its all just android.

Thats odd!. Would have thought green and red!

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi Stooge
Glade you like the unit, I was talking to Mat, my one was one of the newer one but for the faster CPU & more ram & black front, all the rest in your info is the same, it has Android 4.4.4, I rang Mat to find what the map SD slot was for & he said that the igo maps are on the inside ram, as it was a newer model & the SD slots was for only map updates.

Did you change the green LED to red, I was thinking about doing it, do you know what type LED the green ones are? I have orders some red SMD 1206 LED's hope they are the right ones,
100pcs SMD 1206 LED Super Bright RED Green Blue Yellow White LED | eBay

My unit is still going great, sorry the hear your A/C is not working, Mat asked me about my one.

All the best

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you can use both sd slots for the system.
i removed the igo that was installed on it and installed a newer igo primo and hema explorer and put all the maps on the "map" sd card.

if you want to see the cpu/ram specs on any android device use cpu-z

the face plate has green and blue leds for each button so it will take about 30 or so leds to replace them all or less if you just remove all of the blue and just replace the green.
i am waiting for my leds to arrive i have bought 3528 and 0603, not sure what ones it needs they are about 2mm in size.
the leds only cost about $2 for 100 so i don't mind trial and error finding the right ones, but i will change all the leds to red ones.

the dual zone ac fix is in the works i am just waiting for matt to send me a new canbus decoder and a software flash to get it all working.

i did have one issue the other day, i jumped in the car at work on my lunch break drove home and music was playing fine, when i drove back to work the unit had "enter password to decrypt storage" on screen and nothing worked at all.
so i got back to work turned car off and turned the ignition back on and everything was working fine again, no password bs on screen.
so if this happens to anyone just turn ignition off and on and it should be good.

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
the face plate has green and blue leds for each button so it will take about 30 or so leds to replace them all or less if you just remove all of the blue and just replace the green.
i am waiting for my leds to arrive i have bought 3528 and 0603, not sure what ones it needs they are about 2mm in size.
the leds only cost about $2 for 100 so i don't mind trial and error finding the right ones, but i will change all the leds to red ones.

Had a look at my one & it only has the green LED's, so will just replace them with red ones, as you say LED's are cheap

the dual zone ac fix is in the works i am just waiting for matt to send me a new canbus decoder and a software flash to get it all working.

Glad you will be able to fix the problem, I did not have that problem as my VE is only single zone
Summer is coming so you will need that A/C :thumbsup:

i did have one issue the other day, i jumped in the car at work on my lunch break drove home and music was playing fine, when i drove back to work the unit had "enter password to decrypt storage" on screen and nothing worked at all.
so i got back to work turned car off and turned the ignition back on and everything was working fine again, no password bs on screen.
so if this happens to anyone just turn ignition off and on and it should be good.

Good to know, thanks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
red leds arrived today and I have replaced the green/blue leds.
the ones I used were red 0603 smd leds and the cost about $1.30 for 100.

here is a few pics...
2mzw13c.jpg

n68is9.jpg

ruvekn.jpg

they look a bit orange in the pic but they are red and match the ssv dash color perfectly

something that may help others doing this.
29zqxjr.jpg

you see around each led is the white outline, the fat or thicker side is negative

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I managed to find some time to put an install guide together.

it should give you the general idea on what you need to do to install a aftermarket radio.
Install a Dig Options s160.pdf