Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Damn that's what I'm talking about!!! That looks good...if it's as good as it looks that will sell like hotcakes.
Wonder how much?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Damn that's what I'm talking about!!! That looks good...if it's as good as it looks that will sell like hotcakes.
Wonder how much?

Im still working on that. Its specs are quite significantly more then the dig unit. Quad core, 2gb ram so its got more processing juice going on.

I should know more by tonight. :beer chug:

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
Awesome, that looks heaps better...hopefully the buttons light up red too to match the factory model. Definitely keep us posted on this!!!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

XtRmn8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV M6 Sedan
Keen on more info too on that dual zone unit.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Curious about the android aspect....is it running an 'app' which runs the car ac and radio integration? Or is it an embedded solution ie you can't run your own apps?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Curious about the android aspect....is it running an 'app' which runs the car ac and radio integration? Or is it an embedded solution ie you can't run your own apps?

I cant comment on the Dig solution.

But the other unit Iv been looking into is a full android unit, its not an 'app' thats running in the background, its actually fully integrated into the system to do all the AC stuff as far as I am aware. But you can download any app from the google play store.
Im looking to get a test sample and install it into my own series1 (Will have to rip out off the series2 IQ stuff!!) to test it all out.

Im very much interested in developing a custom "Enhanced Driver Interface"(EDI) aoo to run on the units just like the HSV series2 have. But this time there will be far more flexibility for the owner!.