Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered new 8" 2DIN Sat Nav Stereo for my VE Series I

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
Keen to see some updates on the dual zone too!

gazac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I cant comment on the Dig solution.

But the other unit Iv been looking into is a full android unit, its not an 'app' thats running in the background, its actually fully integrated into the system to do all the AC stuff as far as I am aware. But you can download any app from the google play store.
Im looking to get a test sample and install it into my own series1 (Will have to rip out off the series2 IQ stuff!!) to test it all out.

Im very much interested in developing a custom "Enhanced Driver Interface"(EDI) aoo to run on the units just like the HSV series2 have. But this time there will be far more flexibility for the owner!.

Hi TazzI

That unit you are talking about come from the USA, they sell them by Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ACE-Performance-500123700117539/

Also here a youtube of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYQL2UOsec

Don't know much more about them only they have a 6 or 7in screen, the DigOption one has a 8 in screen.
It look like a good unit, but seeing it got to come from the US the cost to get it to OZ maybe high, & what happen if you have any problems with it
I like that my unit come from Australia & not the USA, I can call Mat at Dig for info anytime

The DigOption is a full android unit also & can download apps from the internet, so far I have added Facebook & Youtube apps from google,
I have got the top screen showing Oil Pressure & battery now, much better, only cost me $20 the local Auto shop, he also has a VE & loved the radio :rolleyes:

I have had another look as the setting & it does have AUTO & dual zone in there, also there are 2 button on the front that are dummy, my guset is they will be use for 'AUTO & Dual' with a update

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
hmm yeah thats true, it'll probably cost a fortune from the states! Pretty tempting to get that dig unit. Have you had any issues or complaints gazac?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi TazzI

That unit you are talking about come from the USA, they sell them by Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ACE-Performance-500123700117539/

Also here a youtube of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYQL2UOsec

Don't know much more about them only they have a 6 or 7in screen, the DigOption one has a 8 in screen.
It look like a good unit, but seeing it got to come from the US the cost to get it to OZ maybe high, & what happen if you have any problems with it
I like that my unit come from Australia & not the USA, I can call Mat at Dig for info anytime

The DigOption is a full android unit also & can download apps from the internet, so far I have added Facebook & Youtube apps from google,
I have got the top screen showing Oil Pressure & battery now, much better, only cost me $20 the local Auto shop, he also has a VE & loved the radio :rolleyes:

I have had another look as the setting & it does have AUTO & dual zone in there, also there are 2 button on the front that are dummy, my guset is they will be use for 'AUTO & Dual' with a update

Yeah I saw there were some videos of it.
Do have to recall I tend to buy things in bulk, shipping is negligible when looking at in like that.

Think its a 7" screen from what I know about it so far.

Really its just personal preference, some will like the DIG unit and others wont. I think no matter what, either are a good upgrade over the stock standard unit! :beer chug:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
just a heads up guys, in about 3 weeks dig options should have a black version of this with an upgraded cpu and more ram.
so if you want the black fascia wait about 3 weeks and it should be up for purchase.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
just a heads up guys, in about 3 weeks dig options should have a black version of this with an upgraded cpu and more ram.
so if you want the black fascia wait about 3 weeks and it should be up for purchase.
I recon the dig unit will be the pick of the bunch if the provide black version and upgraded cpu/ram.

If I was to build an aftermarket EDI, Id base it on the DIG unit to be honest.

Iv found the head of the horse for the other style unit (And its not from the US :rofl2:) and Im getting alot of inconclusive answers from the developer. Dig seems like the way to go.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the specs have not been updated yet on the web page but here are some of them for the new stock

1.6GHZ processor
Android 4.4.4
1200 x 800 capacitive monitor

matt said on the phone that the ram was 1gb up from 512 about 2 weeks ago but that has not been confirmed yet.
once I get one of these units I will post info and a install guide, just waiting for delivery :D

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Completely different developer I believe now. So never mind my last comments!!
Also got more clarification on low and high model, the difference is simply whether the vehicles is single or dual zone (essentially).

I have just received images of the unit, it is much different to yours:

FrontVES1.JPG

If this facia was sold so we could fit a double din head unit in, they would have a winner. We could have apple or android friendly head units.
Get the impression the head unit is integrated with the facia. These have been around a while in the US I believe?