Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Original Cats or Hi Flow

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I've had extractors and it's either 100 or 200cpi high flow racing cats for about a year and a half now. I'll give you some advice.

1. Pacemaker extractors rust over time. If you can have them painted in some heat resistant paint ..... to prevent rusting. The blandly light blue coat looks ok at first, trust me they rust.
2. If you get pacers, you 'have to' get new cats..... why? they are too big and the first bump you go over, they'll nearly rip off as cats with under your footwells. I didn't get my new cats used the stocks when I got mine..... took the car back the next day because I almost ripped the exhaust off going over a bump cause the front jointer to the cats caught the bump + the floor was getting hot. The stock cats are too big to be moved under the car.
3. I would probably recommend 300 cpi if you can get them (if you already have a cat back exhaust) as 100-200cpi is very loud and unfiltered. It will drastically change the note of the exhaust I had to have my whole exhaust redone twice to get it right again.
4. If you go 100-200cpi, get a good twin 2.5" cat back to match the flow of the pacers and cats. Otherwise your exhaust will cop heat faster if u cant get the the air out as fast.

.... thats my two cents.

PS. I'm pretty sure stock cats are about 400cpi

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
cheers for the info mate, gonna see what the local exhaust shop can do for me
if not i might just a set of "tiger" extractors on ebay and get my mate to put them on.. got them for my old vr and sounded great

Edz_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thx guys

my cars isnt lowered or anythin its still stock suspension so see how that goes 4 a while..
if the cats do get ripped off then back 2 the shop lol

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
4. If you go 100-200cpi, get a good twin 2.5" cat back to match the flow of the pacers and cats. Otherwise your exhaust will cop heat faster if u cant get the the air out as fast.

Not to start a whole "thing" here, but I've heard people on here say that a twin 2.5" would be too big? Though you do seem to know what you're talking about.

And yes, 400cpsi is what the stock cats are

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do the Tiger extractors too, the manufacturer is in QLD too, so I can send them direct from the warehouse to reduce freight. I can send the cats out of the QLD warehouse as well. $195 each for 200CPSI cats and $240 for the extractors. Plus shipping.