Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

original serivce scheduals ????

JaCkOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS calais s1
my car is getting on in its 2 yrs with me now and im wondering what ppl payed for there 100 000 km service big money or what coz im at 98 000 on the current motor and i wanna be prepaired for it when it comes along

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Your 100,000km service should have been performed nine (9) years ago - service intervals are based on mileage travelled OR time interval, whichever comes sooner.
So really you should be looking at a 12 year service (which doesn't exist - service book goes to 10 years).

But back in the real world you probably should be doing a 'full' service which includes flush and renew coolant and brake fluid - oil and filter change - transmission service - fuel filter change- air filter change. Anything else is probably 'overkill'

You didn't state whether you will be doing the service yourself - if you do it yourself you will save many dollars and probably only spend about $200 on parts.
If you take it to a service centre or Holdens and ask for a 100,000km service then the sky is the limit but I'd guess at $600.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
As Hako said plus spark plugs if it drinks any oil

JaCkOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS calais s1
ok with the whole time travled would that matter if the motor was a reco is there anything i should pay attention to considering the car is 12 yrs old now and the motor has only been on the sceen for like 4 yrs

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
After 4 years on the engine i would do spark plugs and coolant.
But no, there is nothing major that will fail on these and kill the engine as per timing belt on rice engines.