Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Other mods?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
just wondering what other mods can i do to my ute to give it a bit more grunt

so far ive got:

Full exhuast from exctractors to the cat back
Ngk plugs (soon comming msd coils packs n 10mm top gunleads)
Pod with cold air enclosure

these are future mods:

YT roller rockers
Plenum spacer
Manifold spacer
Green foam tune

apart from that there anything other than forced induction, gears, shift kits, stroker kits & cams

im not after any of them, other then that is there any other small mods i can do?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate, mite not be what your looking for but i was reading sc magazine and they did dyno runs and an ecotec got 5.2rwkw just from changing to royal purple oil

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh well thats a great oil anyway, i was just trying to think of things that increase power that aren't gears/supercharger etc. bored and polished 69mm throttle body?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ive been told that they dont do anything for a mostly stock engine, i was gunna do the whole bigger tb n bigger maf thing was advised that it wudnt do much btw that royal purple oil can it be picked up at like supercheap, autobarn n repco type places?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah alright mate. i've heard it gives you more in the way of throttle response but still a small increase in power. i have never seen royal purple at supercheap, i'll be looking for some myself in 2thousand k's so i'll let you know if i find some. i know you can buy it online though

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
yeah id rather get it local tho lemme know how it goes man ill have a look around too, oh and cant remeber who but i remeber reading a member who put a bigger tb on it started stuffing up his idle ect so changed it back tht also turned me off it lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh btw i was thinking about the bigger tb you would need bigger intake pipe wudnt you? but then how would that fit the standard MAF? where wud u get some good quality pipe aswell i hate that cheap pipe u get from autobarn n supercheap