Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Otr cai

adamh1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Hi Guys,

Go easy,
Just signed up to JC today.

Can anyone tell me what's legal / illegal regarding CAI.

Looking to get a Growler (dual pod otr).
I know pod intakes aren't allowed to be exposed so would like some recommendations.

(sorry if this has been covered before)

Cheers.
Adam (2010 SSV)

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
dont get a growler go for a ramjet or like a vcm or harrop style

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
personally mate i wouldnt bother id go the vcm or duspeed basically the best 2 for looks, power ect ect

both come in maf and mafless which everway you chose to go

Vudu VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Clubsport R8 317KW
I've thought about the VCM, but am also concerned about the legals of doing the mods.
If a full exhaust and OTR are fitted, then a tune for performance, could this affect the emmissions ? - enough to fail a test if put over the pits ? (I'm refering to an 08 V8 with this question)
I've heard stories about cars being tested for emissions - they were probably like 5th hand stories so am not sure how credible this is or not but it concerns me just in case. Dont want to spend the $$'s to one day maybe get a defect etc.

Cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Pretty sure mafless is illegal but if u got a maf tune and zorst you will be fine, ive never had problems with the law in my ute, if ya drive sensible they wont bother you

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
The great thing about the VCM unit is that it looks like it belongs - IE: Stock.

Uncovered pods are indeed illegal in NSW (Pretty sure they needs to be a minimum of 70% covered from memory), but you'll have no dramas with the VCM one that's for sure. Hell, if you go to a Holden / HSV Dealer in Newcastle, they'll insist on the VCM intake rather then the Walkinshaw CIA.