Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"OTR" Has anyone tried this?

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Looks like it could catch a bit of water coming through the grille. Also having the intake up against the radiator would make it suck in hot air I would think.

Last edited:

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Looks like it could cat h a bit of water coming through the grille. Also having the intake up against the radiator would make it suck in hot air I would think.
That's what I was thinking, was just doing a search for bits for my custom CAI and come across this weird little fella haha

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Or an orssom, I have one of those and very happy with it.
I think with the VCM one they have to tilt the radiator back and I don't like that idea. With the orssom it just bolts in over the top. Also to me it looks like the orssom one has larger surface area exposed to the airflow.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not the nicest angle into throttle body by looks of it...probably better to go with vcm but depends on if gain with that + tune is worth it or not

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Or an orssom, I have one of those and very happy with it.
I think with the VCM one they have to tilt the radiator back and I don't like that idea. With the orssom it just bolts in over the top. Also to me it looks like the orssom one has larger surface area exposed to the airflow.
Just curious as to why you think tilting the radiator back is a bad idea? Plenty of cars out there with otr intakes (mine included) that have the radiator tilted and no issues whatsoever