Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR + Tune?

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
man its a mainline dyno they make less power than a dyno dynamics which the majority of the tuners if you put it on a dd dyno its probably like 270rwkw or something and ive never heard any induction noise from an otr

I know that buddy, and i've never complained about the figures! It's just that i've expected to be completely different experience than it is now. (major thing that i was expecting to be improved was sensitivity of the gas pedal or that initial response to the throttle) and going back to my original post as i said it is my first V8 so i cant judge it, or compare it to any previous experience, and thats why i ask the question.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Ozi like said above.
I had my one done by Kwinana Performance,the power read out is high and lot of people are tellin me that iam full of s***t lol.
Photo240.jpg

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Vt_vic

man its a mainline dyno they make less power than a dyno dynamics which the majority of the tuners if you put it on a dd dyno its probably like 270rwkw or something and ive never heard any induction noise from an otr
Does anyone know what makes an induction noise thats the only thing iam disappointed with my OTR

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I had my one done by Kwinana Performance,the power read out is high and lot of people are tellin me that iam full of s***t lol.

That's 282 rwkw. Why do people say it's high? What mods do you have?

(sorry to hijack the thread Ozi)

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
may sound stupid too some but alot of people just look at a dyno sheet and look for the peak

where the line is climbing steepest is you highest power gain so... between 3800 and 4800 is your power range
are you changing gears in this range ? if so and still feels ****
would reomend cam exhaust for a little more oomph
just an opinion~!

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
here's mine dyno sheet!

Attachments

• dyno.JPG
    dyno.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 336

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
very similar "band" of power 3800 to 4800 (ish) or though i think theres more to that one than a tune....

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
That's 282 rwkw. Why do people say it's high? What mods do you have?

(sorry to hijack the thread Ozi)

well i have the L98 v8 in my ss with pacemaker extractors,pacemaker high flow cats,VCM OTR and maffless tune.My fuel consumption around town is about 11-13ltr per 100km
and as low 9ltrs per 100km on freeway driving at 100km

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
just the difference in the range of power is only slight may be a younger motor or maybe better intake/exhaust
if i look at them side by side i can see a difference.... although they are cleaned up on yours to be smooth it seems it gains less until top end of rev range
than the other one

( look acdelco wizzard is the man to show you dyno sheets to)
i only say this because alot of people on here seem to recomend him for tunes

oh and these gear changes im talking about are for maximum acceleration its my opinion and youre all entitled to disagree ;)