Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR with MAF/MAFless tune

SHANE JACOBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV series 1 6.0
G'Day Guys,

Just a quick question. Roughly what performance gains can I expect after fitting the ORSSOM CAI with either a MAF or MAFless tune and a 2.5" X-force exhaust onto a VE SS.

Cheers
I have a VF SSV s1 6.0 with a dual 3 inch mild steel exhaust with high flows with 1 7/8 genie extractors with a VCM maf front induction with a maf tune pumping 394hp 300rwkw and mines Automatic

Maf tune is best on Automatics as there is no gearbox issues with the gearbox computer adapting with the main computer with the airflow metre most do mafless on the manuals its easier and comprehends with the main computer as manuals dont have a computer on the gearbox.
Pretty much get the same power outcome it comes down to the tuner

I put my car into sport mode and its fully tuned on it to change gear quicker and harder and whatever gear i put it in, it stays in there. Wheel spins from 1st to second and chirps 3rds..lol

Very happy with mine

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
I have a VF SSV s1 6.0 with a dual 3 inch mild steel exhaust with high flows with 1 7/8 genie extractors with a VCM maf front induction with a maf tune pumping 394hp 300rwkw and mines Automatic

Maf tune is best on Automatics as there is no gearbox issues with the gearbox computer adapting with the main computer with the airflow metre most do mafless on the manuals its easier and comprehends with the main computer as manuals dont have a computer on the gearbox.
Pretty much get the same power outcome it comes down to the tuner

I put my car into sport mode and its fully tuned on it to change gear quicker and harder and whatever gear i put it in, it stays in there. Wheel spins from 1st to second and chirps 3rds..lol

Very happy with mine

Where are you located and who did the tune?

Lincoln87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0l
>>>
Very happy with mine

Ok first off way to do a 10 year dig lol.
I digged it to find some quick info on MAF vs MAFless

And now this 9 month old reply...

Lol 300rwkw OTR Exhaust Tune... yeah nah mate don't think so aye. What MPH does it run?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not without a cam change when getting rid of dod shite....just ask the CHE boys or numerous dyno graphs