Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

otr??

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yeah VCM for sure, the boys down there are great to deal with, the products looks great and the OTRs filter problem has been rectified.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Tilting the radiator back would be a positive point, in my opinion, as it allows the intake to catch air from in front of the radiator as well as over the top - and considering there isn't a great deal of room over the top in the VEs, it makes sense to access all the air possible. Only really one extra step in the install. VCM intake comes with the brackets to remount the radiator.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
Tilting the radiator back would be a positive point, in my opinion, as it allows the intake to catch air from in front of the radiator as well as over the top - and considering there isn't a great deal of room over the top in the VEs, it makes sense to access all the air possible. Only really one extra step in the install. VCM intake comes with the brackets to remount the radiator.

If the purpose of the install was to extract every kw possible then I would agree. But I think they achieve similar results don't they?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
To be honest, I don't think there's a great deal of difference in results between any of the well-designed OTRs, particularly without tuning. None of them will really ram air into the motor, so it's just a matter of making the most ambient air available. The quality of the tune will have just as much to do with the final result as the quality of the intake. I believe there is the possibility for the VCM unit to make a greater impact than a lot of the others (I'd put the Dus in the same category as VCM) but to get the most out of it, you need a good tune. The main reason why I like the VCM is for its design vs its price.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
To be honest, I don't think there's a great deal of difference in results between any of the well-designed OTRs, particularly without tuning. The main reason why I like the VCM is for its design vs its price.

I think you nailed in regards to results. The tune is where good results are going to happen, the intake is just a vessel to acheive it. The OEM intake is just plain ridiculous so anything is an improvement. I understand why they did it, but the idea is a little archaic. With regards to price, what do you pay for the VCM? I paid $595 for my Orssom. I assume price would be within ~10%.

Cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah there's not a lot in it. VCM goes for $545 for the MAF version and $575 for MAFless. I think the majority of OTRs are around that price, except for the Dus which is more, mainly due to the way it's finished.

The OE intake is just another great example of penny-pinching by holden. Plain and simple. Same with the brakes and suspension.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
yeah there's not a lot in it. VCM goes for $545 for the MAF version and $575 for MAFless. I think the majority of OTRs are around that price, except for the Dus which is more, mainly due to the way it's finished.

The OE intake is just another great example of penny-pinching by holden. Plain and simple. Same with the brakes and suspension.

Thanks for that info. Hey dont get me started on suspension. Mine is just plain dangerous. But I'll leave that for another time.

Cheers