Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

otrcai + mafless or full zorst 1st

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
hey guys im just wonderin ive got a 03 vy ss with a dual 2.5inch cat back zorst and im wonderin should i do the otrcai and mafless tune before i put a full zorst on it or doesnt it matter
any help would be appreciated

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
fair enough then can you recomend a good dual 2.5inch exhaust cause i really have no idea whats good and what isnt

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
i honestly have no idea it was on the car when i brought it. i know its got an ss inductions maf and its an ex cop car

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
is the catback stock?
does it have HOLDEN printed on the mufflers or is it an aftermarket job?
does it have a nice note to it?
anyway, general rule of thumb is the tune gets done last after all the mods have been done.
otherwise you will need to pay for a touch up tune at the end.

if you do have a stock catback, Xforce have a good rep along with the other major brands.
i got quoted $385 for a mild steel 2.5in twin with rear resonators for a sedan from Xforce but i decided to go local (i couldnt wait) and got a Redback 2.5in catback which sounds awesome.
turns heads everywhere i go and doesnt drone at speed.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Go the exhaust first. Get a nice set of extractors, and then whack a catback on. You arent going to get any of the benefits of an OTR if it isnt breathing right to begin with.

Exhaust
OTR
Tune

X-Force 4-1's, Hi-Flow Cats, Redback twin 2.5inch catback, MAFless tune but running MAF pipe
YouTube - BLK-SAB

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
its an aftermarket job yea its got a nice note to it though it drones
would it make much difference if i did the otrcai before the exhaust and had the tune done last or wouldnt it run right?

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
X-Force 4-1's, Hi-Flow Cats, Redback twin 2.5inch catback, MAFless tune but running MAF pipe
YouTube - BLK-SAB

and how do you find this set up personally?
are you happy with it?
would you change anything if you had to do it all again?
i have the 2.5in Redback catback on my SS so next up is extractors and cats.
your sounds good in the clip, but if its like mine, it sounds nothing like it does in real life.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
and how do you find this set up personally?
are you happy with it?
would you change anything if you had to do it all again?
i have the 2.5in Redback catback on my SS so next up is extractors and cats.
your sounds good in the clip, but if its like mine, it sounds nothing like it does in real life.

Setup is great, if i had to do it again i may just complete the X-Force all the way through. As i didnt purchase the Redback system, it was on the car before i bought it so i got no choice really. The extractors and tune also have added a fair bit of power into the mix. Before i got the OTR i was running 220 at the wheels, up from 180 something with only the catback on.

The sound is pretty true to life, you get a nice sound when you put the boot in and she doesnt drone at all when you're cruising at 100.

Once i got the OTR on could immediately feel an increase in pedal responsiveness, plus you also get a slight increase in induction noise.