Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

otrcai ???

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
hey all
this may seem like a stupid question but i see that a few cars are starting to put on the otrcai systems and i was just interested to know if there is some kind of filter in that setup? and if not is t bad to not have a filter?

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Theres a filter in there mate..... The three screws you see hold it into place.... Its a long skinny filter...

You can actually see the black rubber part of the filter in either side of the metal strip held in by the three screws...

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
Yup sure does have a wide skinny K&N Filter infront!.. no way I'd be running a CAI without a filter.. that'd just be asking for trouble lol..

33e104c3.jpg

300kw vp

VYSS346 said:
Yup sure does have a wide skinny K&N Filter infront!.. no way I'd be running a CAI without a filter.. that'd just be asking for trouble lol..

33e104c3.jpg

Mate that looks wicked. Where did you get it from? Is it hard to get around Sydney?

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
i bought it from WA Performance here in Perth.. it's a Higgins OTR CAI.. so im guessing Higgins would sell these directly too?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
Here is another different type of OTRCAI that i fit to vehicles as well.

purchase these through CSV In Melbourne, as there are many different OTR manufactors now the variety is huge now.

Attachments

• Image003-NO PLATES.JPG
    Image003-NO PLATES.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 1,590

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
does anyone make them for the alloytec's. or do the gen3 ones fit

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
the only thing i could suggest is catch up with another person, with a otrcai for a gen 3, and see if everything will line up. the alloytec does use a airflow meter so u will have to modify the otrcai to fit it, but i cant see it being a big job, a little time and your done.