Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our black E3 maloo and how it come's to germany

Maloo 176

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 maloo
At the request of a member:

Our long storry....

17 years ago ive seen utes in TV " mc leods daughters" TV series. (Commodore VS gues)

I thougt that's nice it's almoust an Opel Omega b like here in Germany.

But unreachable for me.

Then 7 years later i remembered that car and looked again.
Still to difficult...

2010 I startet to have my own Car Workshop. 2014 we startet to ask people who know how to get cars from UK or Australia but nobody knows.

Only US Cars are easy to import.

In UK a vs Ute ist rusty almoust gone and expensive a maloo E3 was about 60000€ Up to 70000€ only 2 available.

In Australia vs we're about 1000 Up to 10000 € but how to get it to Germany and register it ... Cars before June 2012 need euro4 emission i know.

Nobody could tell me which Modell hast Euro 4 ... I know the ls3 and ls2 engine in Europe have it.

Someday a customer told me that he was used to have a workshop to and import cars from USA, but years ago... now he ist a bio farmer here... But his best friend moved to Australia!

So we wrote him.
He is a guy form the east coast, doing in vegetable oil conversion for diesel engines.

Looking for Cars in gumtree etc.
We decided to take a maloo, after some days looking.

Then we found the black 3e in Sydney 28000km.
I ask holden to give me a paper about the Emission etc.
I got after 2 weeks. (then no response anymore)

He askes in the harbor how to ship.

They need arrival papers from Germany.

So we went to a company for import and tax etc. They first need the Holden paper, shiping paper and the bill.

The bill we got form that quy but the shipping paper we only get If we give them the German tax and arrival papers...

So we got the tax and arrival thing after we got a letter from Sydney that they need that first.

Now we send all the safed money to that guy we have never seen!

Most for the Car shipping ist about 2000€ ; full insurance 1000€ and whats left ist for his work.

He pay the car and the dealer get it to the harbor.

Then the german company wantet photos of the Fin Label etc. If they dont get it the car has to stay at the ship in Germany.

In last days a man from the harbor took these pics.

2,5 month waiting...

Then the goverment tax force took a look

19% German tax
22% Pick Up (Truck) import tax

We told them No! It's Not a Pick Up it's a funny muskle car; personal car!

Then new calculation 19% and 10%

We payed took our dealer number plates got to the harbor by train arrived 5 min after closing ! and got a maloo with one flat tire.
So spare tyre ....

First 300 German km.
First time over 400hp 2. time rhd.

One year to play around and try to get it registered.

The headlamps i heatet up to 150 degrees open them and build them right side drive ...

A "removable"rear fog lamp i use the light switch front fog position. The maloo has 4 high beam lights and no front fog...

Then i took away all mufflers and created bimodal rear mufflers and bigger headers, 200cell catalyst's (Euro 5 suitable)

Got a otr from a German VXR8 guy who helpe'd me a lot to get over the ispection and later the tune...

Got the Missing Edi from LS extreme

Connect the bimodal exhaust to the edi

Then gouvernement car Inspection.

It's regitered since 2016 now.

Ls7 cam

Then i clean the intakte and got a 100mm throttle, build a own 100mm airflow Sensor housing.

Ecu tune by Luis Sola

One day we went to the German Autobahn

At 287kmh we got scared and stop to accellerate

The maloo hates to cross borders.

We went to Italy camping on the Car.

IMG_20190810_182826~2.jpg

Since border of Austria no tyre pressure available sometimes no Abs and 5 allerts in dash.

Somedays it's ok someday not .

Back in Germany everything is fine.

Once we visit Santa Pod UK

In UK same. Tyre system brake etc.

One day at gas station no engine start. power protection ... disconect the battery for 2 sec. And never again. But still brake, tyre failure after 200 meters.

At the ferry the engine stops by a realy boud metal sound ( like the Transmission break and fall in pieces) but start normal.

All these Problem has not been in the last 3 years.

That's our maloo story
DSC_0344~2.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks for sharing, it's always good to see Holden's and HSV's(especially ute's) from around the world!

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
At the request of a member:

Our long storry....

17 years ago ive seen utes in TV " mc leods daughters" TV series. (Commodore VS gues)

I thougt that's nice it's almoust an Opel Omega b like here in Germany.

But unreachable for me.

Then 7 years later i remembered that car and looked again.
Still to difficult...

2010 I startet to have my own Car Workshop. 2014 we startet to ask people who know how to get cars from UK or Australia but nobody knows.

Only US Cars are easy to import.

In UK a vs Ute ist rusty almoust gone and expensive a maloo E3 was about 60000€ Up to 70000€ only 2 available.

In Australia vs we're about 1000 Up to 10000 € but how to get it to Germany and register it ... Cars before June 2012 need euro4 emission i know.

Nobody could tell me which Modell hast Euro 4 ... I know the ls3 and ls2 engine in Europe have it.

Someday a customer told me that he was used to have a workshop to and import cars from USA, but years ago... now he ist a bio farmer here... But his best friend moved to Australia!

So we wrote him.
He is a guy form the east coast, doing in vegetable oil conversion for diesel engines.

Looking for Cars in gumtree etc.
We decided to take a maloo, after some days looking.

Then we found the black 3e in Sydney 28000km.
I ask holden to give me a paper about the Emission etc.
I got after 2 weeks. (then no response anymore)

He askes in the harbor how to ship.

They need arrival papers from Germany.

So we went to a company for import and tax etc. They first need the Holden paper, shiping paper and the bill.

The bill we got form that quy but the shipping paper we only get If we give them the German tax and arrival papers...

So we got the tax and arrival thing after we got a letter from Sydney that they need that first.

Now we send all the safed money to that guy we have never seen!

Most for the Car shipping ist about 2000€ ; full insurance 1000€ and whats left ist for his work.

He pay the car and the dealer get it to the harbor.

Then the german company wantet photos of the Fin Label etc. If they dont get it the car has to stay at the ship in Germany.

In last days a man from the harbor took these pics.

2,5 month waiting...

Then the goverment tax force took a look

19% German tax
22% Pick Up (Truck) import tax

We told them No! It's Not a Pick Up it's a funny muskle car; personal car!

Then new calculation 19% and 10%

We payed took our dealer number plates got to the harbor by train arrived 5 min after closing ! and got a maloo with one flat tire.
So spare tyre ....

First 300 German km.
First time over 400hp 2. time rhd.

One year to play around and try to get it registered.

The headlamps i heatet up to 150 degrees open them and build them right side drive ...

A "removable"rear fog lamp i use the light switch front fog position. The maloo has 4 high beam lights and no front fog...

Then i took away all mufflers and created bimodal rear mufflers and bigger headers, 200cell catalyst's (Euro 5 suitable)

Got a otr from a German VXR8 guy who helpe'd me a lot to get over the ispection and later the tune...

Got the Missing Edi from LS extreme

Connect the bimodal exhaust to the edi

Then gouvernement car Inspection.

It's regitered since 2016 now.

Ls7 cam

Then i clean the intakte and got a 100mm throttle, build a own 100mm airflow Sensor housing.

Ecu tune by Luis Sola

One day we went to the German Autobahn

At 287kmh we got scared and stop to accellerate

The maloo hates to cross borders.

We went to Italy camping on the Car.

View attachment 226602

Since border of Austria no tyre pressure available sometimes no Abs and 5 allerts in dash.

Somedays it's ok someday not .

Back in Germany everything is fine.

Once we visit Santa Pod UK

In UK same. Tyre system brake etc.

One day at gas station no engine start. power protection ... disconect the battery for 2 sec. And never again. But still brake, tyre failure after 200 meters.

At the ferry the engine stops by a realy boud metal sound ( like the Transmission break and fall in pieces) but start normal.

All these Problem has not been in the last 3 years.

That's our maloo story
View attachment 226601
I feel some national pride seeing Aussie cars overseas... Great buy!