Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our MY15 SV6 Storm Sportwagon

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
yeah I'm wrapped ay... looks so f'in good.

Haven't checked the ride heights and things with the tape measure since the wheels went on. Don't have anything happening tomorrow so i'll work on all that stuff. Had to roll the guards but i think i might need to roll them a touch more. I can just get it to scrub still with real hard cornering (then hitting a bump) or coming into a driveway on an angle when it compresses a wheel heaps. So yeah i'll have to sort out that issue before going any lower lol....

i will take your advice and drop it an inch once I've sorted the guards out. But.... it'll just be for some nice #teamvossen photos with my big camera, then shell be back up to where it is now. Gotta keep it a little practical haha.

As you said, looks pretty fantastic as is now so I'm happy to keep it there and be a bit more drivable. Very happy with the result though :rockon:

Mate! Stoked for you Wayne. Looks great! Actually i think it's sitting level, that just how our cars sit, front always has a bit more guard clearance. Would be leaning forward if you lower only the front. But I dare you to drop it an inch all round!!! Would look spot on IMO, not that it doesn't look fantastic now.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If rumours are true the series 2 should have 4 pot Brembos all around like the current Lowndes special edition does. Hopefully this means the parts should be more readily available here. I'd hate to be buying them from USA in the near future given the way the AUD is plummeting.

ssshhhhhhhh don't tell the missus hahaha.....

yeah i knew that might be the case, got a honeymoon to worry about early next year first. Then we'll see how we go.... might have to get a set of big red brembos from empire performance haha

But yes, I'm picking up what your putting down brother!! :spot on:

P.S. (I've got these bookmarked on my computer)
wZWQV8Xl.jpg

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
don't know if you've checked but the prices on empire are pretty good IMO, but yes you are right with the series 2 that may help. We won't be doing the brakes until mid next year anyway. So i should know before then anyway.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I've just dropped the front coilovers a little. Front was sitting about 10mm Higher than the rear so i levelled it out. Looks a bit better now IMO :rockon: Thoughts??

id2dLoe.jpg

rayh

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SV6 UTE
i think that height looks alright considering you said you aren't the only one who has to drive it.
Are you satisfied with what you have now vs what you paid for them? i personally can't commit to it, its just far too much for what you get out of it.. idk, just my opinion. but at the same time i want a pair of vfs2's in satin black so bad. lol :s undecided..

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I'm very happy with the ride height, low enough to vastly improve the look, but still quite practical. Im still yet to bottom out on anything at all in the 6 weeks or so I've had the coilovers...

In terms of the wheels and wether they're worth it or not, i would say absolutely!!! Vossen are a high end wheel brand with a lot of great designs and wheels which are of a very high quality in their construction. IMO they just have "a look" about them that only they can provide. You can tell as soon as you see them that they're not some cheap rip offs, they're the ones getting copied by the cheap brands... Plus because there is so few of them in AUS you also have the exclusivity of them and the individuality. I know that i am the only Commodore in OZ running the Silver VFS1's and that makes it just that little more special haha.

If you've got the money to do it, i say go for it :)

i think that height looks alright considering you said you aren't the only one who has to drive it.
Are you satisfied with what you have now vs what you paid for them? i personally can't commit to it, its just far too much for what you get out of it.. idk, just my opinion. but at the same time i want a pair of vfs2's in satin black so bad. lol :s undecided..

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still a little excited about the new wheels haha... Here's a few Shots from the weekend with the big camera, So happy with the purchase.. Its a completely different car now!! :thumbsup:

pktAtCGh.jpg

DE7hwpCh.jpg

WFXATlrh.jpg

eLs3NYIh.jpg

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Rims & ride height look spot on.

Just needs some tire shine to top them off.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Looks great man. Get some brembo's under there pronto then come to Melbourne. I wanna shoot this and Viln's car together :p

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks great man. Get some brembo's under there pronto then come to Melbourne. I wanna shoot this and Viln's car together :p

haha yeah i know. Brembos will def have to happen. But not yet, missus would tear me a new one if i did it before our honeymoon in april hahaha.

Sounds good mate, i'll come down for sure. Keen as :thumbsup: