Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our old VE Calais :(

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What do you reckon @Fu Manchu ...Start a go fund me page so you can buy it back.... :)

On a serious note....If I was in the market for something like that, I would really consider that.....It doesn't have any of those stupid taxes on it that have been thrown around over the past 2 years.....It is priced sensibily...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It does look immaculate. I thought 2nd hand car prices were meant to be very high ATM?

Out of curiosity why did you not try to sell it privately, could have got more for it I would assume.
Well I spent 4mths overhauling it.
Then I started on rebuilding the Cross8.
Then someone rear ended the Red Crewman and I had to fix a large part of it myself to have it done well.
The Calais got a nasty leak in the front cover. I wasn’t going to pay someone to do that. I’m fkn spent fixing cars years on end. I missing the kids growing up. We can’t go anywhere because I am time poor and the little time available is working on cars. We are also rebuilding the house.

We needed a higher car for our son who has a disability. I hurt my back a few times getting him in and out of the Calais. The front cover leak was it. I didn’t want to fix it myself. I didn’t want to pay someone to do a **** job and rip me off because I know what’s involved.
Traded it. Yes we lost money. I see it more as a fee I paid to get my time back. From that perspective it was value for money.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
She looks alone. In some big shed. Wondering where her family has gone and why she has been left. Poor thing. I want to give it a hug. I need a hug.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My old VR ute become like that. I was feeling like a slave to that car towards the end. There was things I liked doing but when problem after problem occurred it was no longer a hobby of fixing up an old ute.
And yeah, having qualified people working on it didn't always work out as you would think it should. Having to finish off jobs myself because it sat at a garage 4-5 weeks longer than it was supposed too, or fixing up minor **** ups when it did come back was another story in itself.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
And yeah, having qualified people working on it didn't always work out as you would think it should. Having to finish off jobs myself because it sat at a garage 4-5 weeks longer than it was supposed too, or fixing up minor **** ups when it did come back was another story in itself.

Yes,same with my VN,a lot of slack mechanics out there,including dealerships,that don't care and just want your money.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
We needed a higher car for our son who has a disability
I know how you feel. I had to sell my GSX-R1100 to buy a different car, because family of 6 wouldn't fit in the Datsun.
So the next 10 years of my life, I drove a Mitsubishi L300 people mover thing. But as you found, it's easier sometimes. (Our Daughter has a disability)
Only good thing was, once one Son moved out, I traded it for my first 2nd hand VS Commodore.
(Which was when I joined here, I think)
Edit. After posting, I see it's my avatar pic thing.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It's always sad seeing a beloved car taken away from you... Even if it's just a V6 Commodore, or a Toyota Corolla, it still means something to the owner...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
View attachment 239035
We just found our Calais for sale.
We still have a strong emotional connection to this car as mentioned in another thread. It’s taken us on holidays. It brought home our baby girl from the hospital. It brought home our baby boy from the hospital. It stood us good with 100’s of trips to PMH and now PCH with our son.
This car has new HVAC. Sound proofing in the cabin. New gearbox. Series 2 headunit upgrade. New brake booster. New pedal plate and new insulation in engine bay. New plugs. New coils. SS mufflers. New interior brake light. Sound proofed boot (don’t ask questions). Reverse camera. Most of the AC is new and any potential owner will be able to find threads on it here. Especially the monster interior overhaul. New battery. Whole car has been repainted by Universal Panel and Paint with the nicer version of the colour (high metallic) and urethane clear.

A fkn score for someone. We traded it reluctantly for the new Hyundai Santa Fe that makes things easier for getting our son in and out of now he is bigger.

It also has my wife’s PCH pen in the console! How did I miss that?!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-holden-calais-v-ve-auto/OAG-AD-20773811/

I wasn’t allowed to fix the headlights though. Soz. I wanted to.

Well serviced.

This cars cooling system was featured in the how to on cooling system maintenance.

Is it weird I get a bit emotional about seeing her all alone now? I wish we could still have it.
I like the suede touches, they really make the Calais feel more premium...

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Aww. My wife thought she saw our Calais near Mindarie. So I thought I’d check if it was sold and it has!

I don’t know how I feel about that. I really hope it’s a good car for who ever bought it. It was amazing for us.
It was a bitch a few times but we got through it.

29C539D7-968C-48A6-8DED-8C6036C02626.jpeg