Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Our VX Acclaim

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It's been years since I owned my VP SS and now I'm back. Ok the garage isn't quite as exciting, BF XR6 and Pontiac Firebird but i've got plans for a VY or VE SS.

Just bought the missus a stock as a rock VX Acclaim so I'll no doubt be harassing you fine people for info/ideas etc.

No OTT plans for this one as it'll be a family taxi so to speak but I haven't owned a car yet that hasn't been personalised.

So far the missus is at me for wheels, boot spoiler, extractors, exhaust, tint......the usual suspects!

My first query:

I want to replace the current head unit with something that has Ipod connectivity/Bluetooth handsfree and also allows the steering controls to be used. Any ideas on what is compatible?

Do the VT SS Grille inserts fit this model? They look to be the same size. I'm not aiming for an SS lookalike just the honeycombe grille inserts do nothing for me.

Thanks

Attachments

• 23868131F60D4F29BBF431ED92B97D04.jpg
    23868131F60D4F29BBF431ED92B97D04.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 345
  • A91019FA58D04D53854242CA4EF433C3.jpg
    A91019FA58D04D53854242CA4EF433C3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 386

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Morning mate, the h/u can be replaced with virtually any aftermarket one as the double din size of the original allows for it. If you get a single din, it is a good idea to buy a bracket for it. However it's also worth buying and installing new speakers as well, it's certainly worth it.

RYDA.com.au - Great Prices on Car Audio, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras and GPS Navigation is a good place to start.

Not sure about the SS inserts, but I think they would fit.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah i've used Ryda.com and they are greatry again.

Cheers,

Scott

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks for that.

Looking at the Pioneer MVH-8250BT HU.

Will look into speakers etc down the track. Just need the basics for the missus at this stage. I'm sure the mod bug will bite hard and I won't be able to hold back without getting stuck into it.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
but more importantly, tell me more about the firebird

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
VT and VX are different size grilles. If you want straight up and down grille inserts use inserts from a VX Series 1 Executive.

Pretty sure you should give me your chrome accented grille pieces if you don't want them??

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
VT and VX are different size grilles. If you want straight up and down grille inserts use inserts from a VX Series 1 Executive.

Pretty sure you should give me your chrome accented grille pieces if you don't want them??

Yeah I saw an Executive in the parking lot so ordered a set of those.
They aren't real chrome, more silver paint but if you want them you can have them!

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
but more importantly, tell me more about the firebird

Ok it's a 1988 Pontiac Firebird, was a daily driver until recently and now i'm getting stuck into it a little more. I've replaced the suspension and bits and other pieces. Bit of a work in progress alas I will be selling it in the not to distant future. Garage is not big enough for 3 cars :( and I don't get to drive it and enjoy it that much anymore so might as well go to someone who is willing to enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_1962 (Small) (WinCE).JPG
    IMG_1962 (Small) (WinCE).JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited: