Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Out of curiosity... Black sensor looking thing above rear view mirror.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Probably an option that the original owner ticked.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
On an Omega??? Surely not. Given Holden don't wire *anything* that's not fitted, why would this suddenly have appeared on an Omega?

The wiring for power windows is on my VT Acclaim and it was optioned with power windows but doesnt have them. But that's not usually the case I guess.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
On an Omega??? Surely not. Given Holden don't wire *anything* that's not fitted, why would this suddenly have appeared on an Omega?

The wiring for power windows is on my VT Acclaim and it was optioned with power windows but doesnt have them. But that's not usually the case I guess.

martinfrench

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
Sorry to waste everyone time... Haha.
I went and purchased the bluetooth kit and installed it. That black sensor i was talking about turned out to not be a sensor at all, it is in fact an aftermarket phone antenna no longer in use. In no way does it look like an antenna at all. But the loose female MC plug on the other end of the cable down where the factory bluetooth module sits gave it away. Evident on the 'Factory option connector' where i had to plug in the module is some aftermarket wiring which has also been cut and left... Mystery solved :)

Bluetooth Module works well with my iphone for the record.

Cheers,
Martin.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
I have one of these too on the inside of the window to the left of the rear view mirror, maybe it is for satnav although i don't have satnav, mine is a ve calais v

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
big brother is watching you.... my advice is to drive like miss daisy, and always give way to drivers of sandstorm coloured sportwagons. better yet, pull over so they can drive past you ;).

you can never be too careful.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I have one of these too on the inside of the window to the left of the rear view mirror, maybe it is for satnav although i don't have satnav, mine is a ve calais v

Satnav antenna is at base of windscreen under the plastic trim

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed

OK, this is the rain sensor. gottavecalaisv, this is your rain sensor for the auto wipers. OP, is this what you have? Still hanging out for that pic...

179_L_m-600x400.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
ok, on the inside of the window for a rain sensor sounds a bit odd but i will take your word for it. Thanks

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Not odd, that's where they all are..