Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Out of Euro and Back into "Aus" rides

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Appreciate all the feedback people.
As the next car I buy will be finance through work ( personal use not business) I was trying to buy a car with some fruit already. I would love to be able to pick up a car with a lot done or buy a stock SSV-R wagon and ZIP money performance mods. Any ZIP places in Sydney to pay back over time

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I'm considering selling my car sometime next year , not that I want to , but realistically I don't have a great deal of cash in my super and I have to turn my attention to saving some money and owning a V8 isn't helping that cause .
When I do go to sell it I will be asking as close to top dollar as possible , and I hope that any buyers aren't too short sighted enough to see a good deal just because it's been modded . In my younger years I would have given this car a good work out , but because of the pure expense of it and my maturing years I've never even done a proper burnout in it , sure I've planted my foot maybe a dozen or so times but that it ,never turned TC off , it has never been driven as hard as it probably should have been. Ive modded the DIC so I have the performance page , it had the 0 to 100 timer , I haven't even managed to give that a good go .
So with this mentality someone is going to miss out on a un flogged , fully modded car when i sell mine simply because of distrust that the car has been flogged to death .
Does this mean that anyone who has a HSV for sale cant sell it because it's probably been flogged .
So I would look at the price of a standard one , then work out how much all of his mods are worth new then half that value , that should give you a ball park value of the car .
It could be a good buy if you trust your mate

Last edited:

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
If its engineered with the blower it sounds ok,guy asked the same question a couple weeks ago about a Calais 2015 that was cammed but it didn't have a blower and the cost was 45g,everyone said he should buy it.....this is 3 g more with a supercharger and its apparently worth nothing bahaha wtf
Make sure its engineered with the blower.
Any decent blower kit installed and tuned is around 15g plus whatever else hes spent.
Tbh the power figure quoted doesn't seem silly at all and certainly not pushing the stock motor in any way if tuned correctly.

Last edited:

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Would... Not... Touch. No matter what your mate says. A car modded to the degree it was before being defected would not have been driven lightly. Way too expensive for a car that might have had a hard life.
Would not have been driven any harder than a factory supercharged car with mild mods,tbh how would you know...

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Nobody knows is the issue with mods. But LS can take a beating so can commies.

I'd buy it if I had $48k and wanted a vf1 wagon. Almost bought a $50k GenF maloo with a LSa dropped in it.

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
If its engineered with the blower it sounds ok,guy asked the same question a couple weeks ago about a Calais 2015 that was cammed but it didn't have a blower and the cost was 45g,everyone said he should buy it.....this is 3 g more with a supercharger and its apparently worth nothing bahaha wtf
Make sure its engineered with the blower.
Any decent blower kit installed and tuned is around 15g plus whatever else hes spent.
Tbh the power figure quoted doesn't seem silly at all and certainly not pushing the stock motor in any way if tuned correctly.

GIBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I know the exact Calais as I enquired on it. My good mate who got me on to this is a good reputable mechanic and works next door to the guy selling it and actually services it etc. It’s had 20kms with the SC etc.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Would not have been driven any harder than a factory supercharged car with mild mods,tbh how would you know...
That's my point. It's a chance you take buying any used vehicle. You don't know how hard its been driven but with additions like illegal exhausts, supercharger etc, it won't have been driven to church each Sunday by that little old lady. The OP asked for help. Our advice is based on our opinions and/or experience. I gave mine. I could be right or wrong.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
It’s had 20kms with the SC etc.
evryone says this but it does seems like a lowrisk example. I wouldn't say buy it if you were stretching to afford it. something may come up

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I wouldn't say not to buy it on the basis of it having been modified; I'd say not to buy it at the asking price on the basis of them wanting too much on the used market for those modifications (and the reactions to a car that's been modified by someone else on a Commodore enthusiast forum is fairly telling IMHO). If it's as neat & clean as the $35k-ask cars on CarSales appear to be (remembering they'd probably really sell for ~$32k-$33k), then it's probably something like a $40k car.

Mind you I don't see brakes or suspension listed in the mods, so if they weren't done (remembering it's a Calais) then you'd question how well the other stuff was actually done …