Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

out of ideas ?

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
i have vr caprice 5L at mechanics, they have changed everything possible on the electrics, dizzie , coil pulse sensors, ECU ,memcal card still cant get car running properly, now they want to change body control unit an ignition switch neither have anything to do with spark or do they , my car is at a leading franchise mechanics ? what should i do ?

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
any one come on say something

i have vr caprice 5L at mechanics, they have changed everything possible on the electrics, dizzie , coil pulse sensors, ECU ,memcal card still cant get car running properly, now they want to change body control unit an ignition switch neither have anything to do with spark or do they , my car is at a leading franchise mechanics ? what should i do ?

Help me or i,ll start looking at FORDS

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
Cheers

Is it giving any error codes at all. This is where Id start looking first.If you dont know how to do this simple test,heres a link to a page that explains how.Theres also some excellent pics to check out at the bottom of the page in the link.
---https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307---

Thanks mate told the idiots about it they said they put it on diagnostic computer already an it said it was ECU so thats why they reckon its the BCM or ignition switch now

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Help me or i,ll start looking at FORDS

We couldn't give a **** if you went over to Ford, you will just be back to where your current Statesman is.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks mate told the idiots about it they said they put it on diagnostic computer already an it said it was ECU so thats why they reckon its the BCM or ignition switch now

You should check it out for yourself as well to see whats going on with it.I wouldnt just take their word for it.Its easy to check it yourself,just look at the instructional posts and pics in the link in my previous post above .. Let us know what error codes show up,thats if there is any logged.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Have they done leads and plugs?? Next port of call is usually the DFI module on the passenger strut tower and the coil on the back of the motor. After that change the dizzy out(its the hardest to change). One of these things will fix your problem if infact it is a spark issue, and not a sensor issue?? whats your symptoms. Could just be a TPS, MAP, oxygen sensor issue

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I had a problem with a "leading franchise" mechanic a few years back with my vl they changed almost all the electrics and charged me a fortune, stalling problem remained so took it to a proper mechanic and it was the 2 middle spark plugs were not changed when they serviced the car :/ they were a different brand from the others. They are rip off merchants!! proper mechanic (Bresciani) found the problem immediately so be very wary of these franchise mechanics they are after your money. They changed almost all the things you listed, your post sounded all too familiar. I still want to put a brick through their window but I have moved on :)

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
went to work shop

You should check it out for yourself as well to see whats going on with it.I wouldnt just take their word for it.Its easy to check it yourself,just look at the instructional posts and pics in the link in my previous post above .. Let us know what error codes show up,thats if there is any logged.

Went to work shop ask them to show me diagnost code come up 31 they said some thing to dowith anti theft system they reckon ignition switch will fix problem what do you think ?

Last edited:

5.0l

Travel In Style
Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
Hard lesson

I had a problem with a "leading franchise" mechanic a few years back with my vl they changed almost all the electrics and charged me a fortune, stalling problem remained so took it to a proper mechanic and it was the 2 middle spark plugs were not changed when they serviced the car :/ they were a different brand from the others. They are rip off merchants!! proper mechanic (Bresciani) found the problem immediately so be very wary of these franchise mechanics they are after your money. They changed almost all the things you listed, your post sounded all too familiar. I still want to put a brick through their window but I have moved on :)
I know how angry you must of been they have had car for more than a week i want to swap work shops but they want me to pay bill but i dont want to take it until they finish an i test all my old parts an wont pay for any that aren,t faulty