Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Outside Ambient Temp Sensor

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hi All,

Can someone help with the location (workshop manual or photos) of where the Outside Ambient Temp Sensor is on a 2013 VF SV6? Seems today that MyLink keeps reporting 3 degrees and will not move up or down so seems the sensor may have gone faulty. Other VF Series 2 showing outside temp of 11 today so definitely not 3 degrees outside :)

Edit: Found where the sensor is (right in the bottom corner driver side behind the grille in front of the radiator....) and I'm guessing the only way to replace it is to take bumper off.

Any suggestions if there is an easier way to reset / replace the sensor without pulling the bumper off entirely?

Thanks.

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Unfortunately the bar does need to come off

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi All,

Can someone help with the location (workshop manual or photos) of where the Outside Ambient Temp Sensor is on a 2013 VF SV6? Seems today that MyLink keeps reporting 3 degrees and will not move up or down so seems the sensor may have gone faulty. Other VF Series 2 showing outside temp of 11 today so definitely not 3 degrees outside :)

Edit: Found where the sensor is (right in the bottom corner driver side behind the grille in front of the radiator....) and I'm guessing the only way to replace it is to take bumper off.

Any suggestions if there is an easier way to reset / replace the sensor without pulling the bumper off entirely?

Thanks.
My display was always 22 degrees. Was just out of warranty at the time.
I didn't want to remove the bar, so tried disconnecting the plug to the sensor for 15 minutes, then reconnected it and it still seems to be OK now.
This was over a year ago, mine is Series 1 SV6.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The manual actually states that the sensor will take up to 20 minutes before indicating the current temperature. The initial temperature will be what the temperature was when the car was last turned off.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remove the front bar.
It’s located near the chassis rail. Standing at the front of the car, left of the drivers side chassis rail.