Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Outside window belts

Callum96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz
I currently own a 2004 vz executive and the outside window door belts on the driver and passenger door are faded and not shinny any more. Am I able to just remove them and spray paint them, if so how do I remove them? And what colour black (satin, gloss, etc) ? And should I give them a light sand first. Please help me!

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
If youre talking about the trim on the outside between the doors it can easily be removed and replaced.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I think the OP is talking about the vertical bit of rubber between the back window and the back quarter panel. It is the only black painted part I can think of.

Callum96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz
I'm talking about the horizontal seal that is a hard rubber on the outside of the door on the bottom of the window frame

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I'm a bit lost on your description......Sorry. But if what you are talking about is rubber then a wipe over with glycerine will bring it up.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
If you're talking about the black bit of plastic at the bottom of the window that acts as a rubber seal to stop water getting inside the door then just use some Meguiars Gold Class trim detailer on them. It should help blacken them up and make them look newer. If that doesn't work and you want to remove them, there is a small screw on the inside of the door. Remove the screw and then the plastic strip can then be pushed/slid upwards towards the sky as its only being held on by clips.

IMAG1425.jpg

Hope this helps.

Oh and the with the rear doors, the screw is at the other end of the door towards the hinges.