Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

over the wait!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'd second 1991_Vn2nV - the VF is done already, I think Holden are just waiting for the dust to settle on the down turn. Sales are slowing every day as people stop spending - in fear of the boogey man. When the sun comes out later in the year or early next year the VF will hit the road. Holden have kept it's work force so they probably see this down turn as a short blip.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if you read the other thread about this topuic some one posted an extract from a new bulletin holden posted saying that the next model will be the ve series 2 due for release late 2010. it states the car wont look much differnt will just have alot of newer technology so i'm guess direct injection 6 etc... they say in the articule the new look model will be out around 2012/2013.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm a bit surprised that we haven't seen any scoops in the motor mags about the VF's appearance yet. Although it could still be a year or so away, there would be prototypes running around for clever dicks to spot and photograph.

I can only assume that any VF proto's running around are doing so in VE bodies and that the basic differences will be mechanical upgrades with external differences being limited to parts that interchange easily. This suggests no new body panels, only front and rear facias, lights and wheels.

With the recent introduction of the AFM 6 litre, the most likely mechanical changes would be E85 engines, the direct rail injection, smaller capacity V6 which has been mentioned by Reaper and others elsewhere, increasing use of LPG across the range and replacement of the four speed auto (about ten years too late).

Turbo V6? Maybe, who knows - except the General.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's well known since forever that Coupe 60 is the VF front and doors :), if you want to see how it looks like, but it's not going to help you with waiting for it

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
Turbo V6? Maybe said:
This would be nice, i'd probably give up the 6.0L for a Turbo VF!