Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

over the wait!

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
im am so bloody over waiting for info on the vf or whatever they are going to call it! wanted to have a whinge
when is it scheduled to appear?
is it going to bring with it the new direct injection v6?
are they going to mimic the torana styling?
or is it going to be a vy to vz styling update?

the VE needs a freshen up they have dragged it along long enough with the staggered model introduction. its time for change

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
august 2010 i've read, don't forget the wagon is only 8 months old so they would of only just started really developing a new model as they would of been developing the wagon since the release of the ve.

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
I've only had my VE 3 weeks now, they can take as long as they want on the replacement :thumbsup:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
August 2010 well I feel like a moan aswell. I thought the all-new commodore is due 2012. Would have thought they would bring it out towards the end of this year. Wonder if the GFC has anything to do with the time release of the next model

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
august 2010 i've read, don't forget the wagon is only 8 months old so they would of only just started really developing a new model as they would of been developing the wagon since the release of the ve.

they would have the next shape pretty much sorted by now, they desgin cars a fair way in advance, just think the ve would have been started just after the vt was released, just like the vt was started just after the vn was released.

with the wagon side of things, they would've done a face-lifted version at the same time.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
OK, I admit I am not into cars as much as I am into economics. But the release of a new model in Australia would spell death for GMH. With the near collapse of GM in the USA, GMH is barely existing here in Australia and the increased expense of a new model at a time of reducing income does not make commercial sense. It would be a brave CEO that commissioned a new model. I truely hope I am wrong.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
they are still ironing out problems with the VE... i doubt they will release the next model until all the problems are ironed out.....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
OK, I admit I am not into cars as much as I am into economics. But the release of a new model in Australia would spell death for GMH. With the near collapse of GM in the USA, GMH is barely existing here in Australia and the increased expense of a new model at a time of reducing income does not make commercial sense. It would be a brave CEO that commissioned a new model. I truely hope I am wrong.

Hmm..I'd hope your not into economics much either.

So what does happen when a company fails to update, upgrade or re-invent a product?

They stagnate and lose not only sales but overall market share.

The VF would have been signed off not that long after the VF was released. The costs involved now would be minute. The development work would be done, they already make the direct injection engines and they are already fitted to overseas models and the design of the car itself has been paid for.

So how would it be more economically sound to not release a new model? To leave the VE and let it stagnate and lose market share.

Hell, for the best example just look across the road to Ford with the Territory. It sold like hotcakes when it was new, now its outdated and people are refusing to buy because the current one is no better than the one already in their driveway. Even the bloody Captiva is outselling it.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

You're into economics.... what are you on here for??? surely you drive a camry??? or.... no... wait ... a diesel i30 Hyundai!!

But seriously... I'm the national marketing manager of a significant organisation, and alarm bells go off when "finance people" start spruking this theory of "reigning in expenses". History has shown time and time again that THESE times are an opportunity to go hard and widen the gap between you and your competitors. Those that do come out of the hardship in much better shape than those that don't have the balls to believe in their products.

For some reason, the world has turned upside down and the HR and Finance divisions within companies have gained far too much control.. They need to remember that if you work for a company that sells something... anything... if you are not a salesperson, then you work for them. For they are the conduit between the organsiation and "god" ... aka ... the CUSTOMER.

Finance and HR serve one purpose, and one purpose only.... to run around after the salespeople (and marketing people) with a dust pan a broom, sweeping up the **** they have had to create to generate sales. Thats it.

Holden needs to go hard and push ahead aggressively, otherwise they will lose market share to their cashed-up imported rivals.

It's not rocket science.