Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overhaulin Australia?

Should aus have a Overhauling Australia

• Total voters

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Unfortunatly.... whenever we copy a show from somewhere else... its no where near as good.. it just ruins it.

Top Gear australia is coming back soon and already with new hosts, but the hosts werent the only problem (they were a big part of it, but still)

Australias got talent... i mean... i know people watch it, but its pretty crap. Same with so you think you can dance australia - somehow, america still does it better.

And biggest loser... the aus version actually makes me HATE the show that i liked all those years ago... Ok, i can see with my own eyes that AJ walked into the room... 3 contestants dont have to tell me "and then AJ walked in"

Im hoping... im praying!!! that masterchef doesnt go down the same road

Anyway.. the point of all this rambling is... i dont think we should copy shows, coz theyll never be quite as good.. instead, make something different and unique rather than something 'new' which is already old news

in conclusion (lawlz) my vote goes for no, just based on our track record of ruining other shows.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
After seeing the amount of places that butchered small jobs for me, auto electricians, painters, panel beaters, mechanics. I'd really hate to see what would happen on full scale.

But no doubt there's good ones somewhere.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you guys ever seen the TV station TVS ?
Its a free to air station in Sydney. They do a pimp my ride type show with 4WD's. and go in the tuff truck challenge.
From memory its UHF31. check it out.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i rekon a monster garage type show would be better, getting new people each week that have to build something crazy would be better to watch.

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
I wish there was somewhere that you could send an email and a vote toll or somthing like that saying that we want eg...all the shows we have mentioned in this thread lol.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Bush mechanics was a good show :p bring that back, it wouldn't be as good in any other country