Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overhaulin Australia?

Should aus have a Overhauling Australia

• Total voters

VRV8_Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 5 speed
^^^ haha I remember that show.

They put an overheating coil in a can full of wet grass to keep it cool lol.
It actually worked too.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
i loved bush mechanics can buy the series on dvd i think

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
I bought it on DVD and I still crack up everytime I watch it. My favorite part is where they cut the roof of the wagon off with an axe and say that it's all rusted and is full of termites :rofl:

yeah ive seen parts of it
its funny as haha but we need something better then that lol

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
could possilbly do a PIMP MY RIDE Aussie version definately not Overhaulin as said before to hard to get parts for most of our classics

That could be the answer, making alot of custom parts might cost them a fair bit..

Anthill

Reaction score
Members Ride
don't have one
Good point about the infrastructure. It all relates to size of market and demand. I am often amazed when watching Overhaulin' where they enter warehouses stuffed full of NOS or replicas parts for an astonishing range of vehicles.

I suppose that over the years, with the multitude of US models that were made, there would have been huge stocks of parts unused when production of each model ceased.

Rare Spares might like to see it happen, but they might be a little light on with stock after a couple of days......
Hello guys, i also have seen the show as they do a sterling job in having their vehicles rebuilt. The Demand is smaller than America, so would be an industry's problem. As for Commodores it is an American mechanical car, everything else can be done here.
Hot Rods is an example as they have to do everything from the ground and up!! Another thing is the Engineer's certification.
So i know Holden is no more, so too is Ford. If we were to do what the show Overhaulin has done we will be importing our parts also the specialty people like Fitter's & Turners, Welders, Spray painter's artists. Upholstery i nearly forgot. Ooop's So there's an a small army of men & women to have in this shed.
Oh can you imagne the Job Sheet as you see the list of Parts and man hours with the $$$

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
......Make Australia Great Again!!

America has already had a decent crack at overhaulin' their country, they failed miserably.

Anthill

Reaction score
Members Ride
don't have one
......Make Australia Great Again!!

America has already had a decent crack at overhaulin' their country, they failed miserably.
Maybe so, but then America is very show worthy as Presentation is everything. they don't show everything