Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overhauling a MC

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
I thought it did but then wasn't sure as its a weird looking thing above the axle. I should be right then to use the master from the wagon hey? Neither have ABS.
Would the wagon even have a proportioning valve?
there a difference between utes to sedans ,wagons or it wouldn t say in there adds and they all fit abs or non abs all have 3 holes just one is plug for abs

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
there a difference between utes to sedans ,wagons or it wouldn t say in there adds and they all fit abs or non abs all have 3 holes just one is plug for abs
So a wagon one will be no good?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can't find any that say fit ute. Anyone know what the difference is?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I forgot about the load sensitive adjustable Proportioning valve being above the diff on utes. I remember reading about it here on a thread about various braking systems quite some time back now.

The wagon one will not be suitable as it has the fixed proportioning valve internally within the MC, also ABS fitted vehicles are different to Non ABS fitted vehicles, thus why there are differing listings for each variant. Sadly it's not all that simple.

BTW I've confirmed the above statements from looking in the VR Service Manual Vol 2 which covers the brakes rather comprehensively.

Also ABS was never fitted to any VR ute in either V6 or V8 configuration.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
this is the only one on ebay the rest are for sedans or wagons does this look like yours as from vs are different
Looks similar but at that price i would try and overhaul mine. Doesn't say if its a V6 or V8, V8 use a 1" bore i believe and would be too hard unless i use a V8 booster.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might have to get the mech to check mine and hope its not leaking.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
they also can supply recondition units just send them a message its in the page just scroll down half way

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah i might have to go reco if mine is leaking. I don't it is leaking as the pedal is hard as. Only issue is the threads can bind up when you remove the lines, which leaves metal from the MC on the flare nuts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If i need a replacement I'd rather not have to send mine away. Already been off the road three weeks and I'm thinking it will be another two weeks at least before the mech gets the engine back in.