Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

overhead monitor

GregV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Guys,

I have a VE Lumina and will be travelling from Brisbane to Melbourne twice this year with 3 kids in the back, going to be fun.... Was fine when they were younger and slept all the way but no such luck now. Thought about flying but 5 air tickets plus a rental car down there for 2 weeks each time kind of rules that out.

In any case, did a thread search and did not find too much on VE options for keeping the kids quite, namely the overhead monitor. Has anyone had an overhead monitor (DVD screen) installed ex-factory? I see that is listed as an accessory for $2,220 (!!) without headphones, are there better options out there? What model and size is the holden installed unit?

Also, as an option, only have a single CD installed, can you get the 6 stacker installed or do you have to be lucky and find one from a wrecker? What do they usually run you if they are available?

Not sure if this was supposed to be in the audio section although looking in there, they are more concerned with speakers etc. and a lot more technical than I need.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
hey greg i am in the same boat as you but not quite there with the kids though lol. I am looking at the 6 stacker do you know any specific wreckers that would have ve's i know there isnt many but i know some wreckers that dont even bother with newer cars. I will even buy one new or near new from anywhere. Anyone got some places in Sydney if its pick up and i will consider other states if they offer post services.

GregV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
looking on the holden website, they list the 6-stacker as a factory fitted option only for $595 - i bought my car at just over a year old and it only had the single CD fitted. Interesting that it is not a dealer fitted option - must be something more to it.

Anyone got any ideas or insight?

this has probably been done to death on the forums previously but I cannot find anything really relevant on the search function so apologise if it is old hat to some

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
The one in my car is about a 7-8" screen.

Fairly good

DEVOJET

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Crewman SS
I just placed an order for a SSV sportwagon and I ordered the factory roof mount DVD. It was only about $1200 for the factory one or $2200 for the dealer fitted one. I was told that the factory one includes headphones and remote.