Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overheating 2015 Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 2015 model
Hi everyone I'm new here sorry if I've posted in the wrong section but I need help my Calais is overheating I've checked everything from the coolant to oil water the overheating warning came on I missed the end part as to why it is overheating the fan stays on when the car turns off I'm only used to the old Gemini and VB VK etc not these new computerised later models any help would be much appreciated

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi everyone I'm new here sorry if I've posted in the wrong section but I need help my Calais is overheating I've checked everything from the coolant to oil water the overheating warning came on I missed the end part as to why it is overheating the fan stays on when the car turns off I'm only used to the old Gemini and VB VK etc not these new computerised later models any help would be much appreciated
Hi Neeta, is it a V6 or a V8?

If it's a V6, I've found a video that might help:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Seeing they disappeared straight after the first post, one could safely say, a one post wonder
They're really annoying because you go to the effort to help them and then they never reply back...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They're really annoying because you go to the effort to help them and then they never reply back...

I generally look at the time of their first post and the time they log off.....When they join and log off within a 10 minute time frame, you can almost (and that is an almost) guarantee, they'll never come back....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’ve discovered, and it’s a fairly recent thing, that regular forum users actually get annoyed by posts that don’t hold information of some sort, like niceties and thankyous and stuff like that. They see it as noise in the signal:noise ratio. I personally think they’re insane & have it backwards, and maybe the onions on their belt need adjusting or something; but apparently it’s a fairly common attitude.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I’ve discovered, and it’s a fairly recent thing, that regular forum users actually get annoyed by posts that don’t hold information of some sort, like niceties and thankyous and stuff like that. They see it as noise in the signal:noise ratio. I personally think they’re insane & have it backwards, and maybe the onions on their belt need adjusting or something; but apparently it’s a fairly common attitude.
But when you go to the effort to help them and they don't reply back on whether they've fixed the problem, it's pretty darn annoying... I personally think you're the insane one as you don't seem to get annoyed when your time is wasted by these 1 post wonders...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But when you go to the effort to help them and they don't reply back on whether they've fixed the problem, it's pretty darn annoying... I personally think you're the insane one as you don't seem to get annoyed when your time is wasted by these 1 post wonders...
I can’t disagree on the insanity call … :) … but maybe it’s because everything annoys me, that this doesn’t annoy me as much as … I dunno, stuff like the infamous courier red-card when I was at home …

I suspect these people have the patience of a Millennial, they didn’t get an answer which resolved their problem within 3 hours so took it to a mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.