Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cody Jayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 VE Holden Commodore Sportswagon 3.6ltr
hey everyone! Having some issues and would love some opinions on what’s going on!

My car has 255,000ks, no leaks or anything like that and I get her serviced on time. My oil, coolant and water are all filled up (not over filled)
The only issue I have is my transmission on the computer is lacking performance resulting in a kick back/jolts or feels like it’s going down a gear (happens rarely but when I’m below 5ks)

Lately my aircon hasn’t been working (fully gased) and tonight my temperature gage was sky rocketing.

But my temperature would go back to normal once I took my foot of the accelerator while driving, and would return back to hot once I’d put my foot back on.

Once she’s turned of and sitting, the fan is going like crazy to cool down, although she doesn’t seem to hot but smells like she’s burning

I’ve had pressure checks and what not and it came back clear, and cleaned and degreased to check for any other leaks,
was wondering if it could be the cooling system, faulty thermostat or even the BCM? Or anything else for that matter?
Thankyou!

Last edited:

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Change your water pump, if problem persist replace your thermostat..
While you at it check your serpentine belt and tensioner .

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Failed coolant cap will introduce air into the system and cause an air lock. Check level at coolant cap, not overflow bottle. Make sure engine is cold first.

Cody Jayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 VE Holden Commodore Sportswagon 3.6ltr
Last month I changed the radiator cap, because the old one eroded resulting it a complete drainage of coolant into the under pit,
Would it have done it then? I filled it up properly so I don’t think it’s air, it has no gargling noise unless it’s further down into the thermo

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If it's bled properly the coolant will whirlpool when the thermostat is open.