Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overheating Issue (Boiling)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The reservoir itself isn't boiling, the sound is just the coolant and air being forced out past the cap and down the tube into the reservoir like a kid blowing bubbles in their milkshake. Fitting the new neck that isn't rusted will sort it.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just an update..

I replaced the filler neck tonight and it's now running normal, temp hit 102 degrees with no issues, waited until temp reached 108 degrees to make sure the fans kicked in and work correctly and only the drivers side fan kicked in, I suspect there may be an issue with this due to the drivers side fan working when AC is on or at temp.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Click on the link I gave you, it explains your problems.
Thanks Trevor, I fixed the issue which turned out to be no pressure in the system but may still have an issue with the passenger side fan not kicking when it should - ill be getting my works mechanic to have a look at this issue, hopefully it's a simple electrical fix of some sort.

DeanoV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Passenger side Fan never goes, only seen it working when main fan had a fault. To test remove the plug of the temperature sender and both fans should go

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I could be totally wrong but I thought the two fans come on at different temps. The first fan to kick in is the low speed fan and if the low speed fan is unable to control the eng temp then the PCM will activate the high speed fan.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I could be totally wrong but I thought the two fans come on at different temps. The first fan to kick in is the low speed fan and if the low speed fan is unable to control the eng temp then the PCM will activate the high speed fan.
one fans cools the rad when it gets to 104 degrees and stops at 99 degrees,
the second one switches on when the aircon gets switched on to cool the condense

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Here is all you need to understand the cooling fans and their operation.

Attachments

• Cooling fans.pdf
    998 KB · Views: 225
Last edited: