Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phoenix99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L
Hellooooo,
My car was starting to run a bit warmer than normal, didn't think to much of it as it was normally the hottest part of the day - but I kept it in mind. About 1 week later, I was about 2 minutes from home when bam, she over heated - I got the camo cruiser (her name) home safely. Now I have gone through an elimination process with it. No smoke, no water or coolant in the oil, no leaks or cracks anywhere, no milky oil, no bubbles coming from the radiator - ruled out head gasket (thank frig) took all of 10 minutes to overheat (thermo fans never turned on - coolant boiled). I just replaced the thermostat (also tested the old thermostat to see if it was working - it wasnt). Finally after that harrowing prick of a job, I started her up, bleeding the system stuck to the manual to a T. Took about 30 minutes this time for car to start over heating, thermo fans never turned on.
I am replacing the coolant temp sensor, now the reason I think it is the coolant temp sensor is because my temp gauge reads slightly higher than 1/4, regardless of the temp or It overheating, fuel consumption is ****, and thermo fans aren't getting triggered to turn on. Will let you know of my findings after this sensor is replaced. Radiator isn't blocked - flushed the system good, no leaks, no cracks, no nothing aside from those symptoms mentions prior.
If however it isn't the coolant temp sensor, my next go will be testing the wiring/fuses for the thermo fans, and also seeing what the go is with the water pump as my next target on the elimination process.

Any ideas on what this could be if it isnt the coolant temp sensor or things I could be missing?

Thanks in advanceeeed