Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

overheating problem?

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Hi guys,

I tried to let the engine idle for 2 hours without the radiator cap until the bubbles stopped.

The engine is still overheated, At idle = Coolant temp 99C

At idle I tried to increase the RPM to 4000rpm, the temperature decreased gradually from 99C to 91C. Then, I released my foot, the temperature increased gradually to 99C.

Also, I tried driving on highway
When speed is 120km/h = Coolant temp 97C
When speed is 180km/h = Coolant temp 89C

I let the engine completely cooled down. Then, I started the engine, bubbles started again to go out. How can I let ALL the bubbles (air) go out from the system at one time?

I noticed something that when I changed my AC from COLD to HOT, I heard some noises for about 4 seconds, then it stopped. Does this mean there is air in the system?

I checked all hoses and coolant level. Everything is okay.

The manufacture should really put bleeders. I wasted a lot of time and fuel on just bleeding the radiator, and still there is air in the system.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I've not seen one on a LS motor.
There is, however, a small rubber line next to the PS reservoir that needs to be disconnected during the fill/bleed. It is the head vent path back to the radiator. If left connected, the heads may not fill and overheat may occur (ask me how I know).

Is this another way to bleed the system?

I copied it from another forum.