Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

overheating....

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys, my coolant system is using alot of water, on the way home today it got bad, the light came on so i dropped it into netural and killed the ignition while doing 80, pulled over and checked it, it was leaking from the overflow tank side, but due to my bonnet latch being broke i cant check under the bonnet,

i think the overflow tank has a crack in it, due to a previous incident where the water turned to steam and caused more Pressure than a VL turbo

other idea's was maybe a blocked radiator because aslong as its above 1500rpm the temp goes down, under 1500 rpm and it goes up... gonna check all the cooling system when i get my bonnet open

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Check if your water pumps leaking

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
Hard to tell mate...you really need to get that bonnet up and if it's that much water, I'm sure you will see easily what it is.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
ok finally got the bonnet up... think i found the issue, on the return pipe near the driver side rocker there was a loose clamp. like REALLY loose probbly not pressurised enough then when the water turns to steam it forces its way though there :S

anyway tightened now... ill see if it overheats anymore but i think thats the end of the problems i didnt have overheating issues before i removed the rocker and loosened it... so lets hope all is well now

thanks for the suggestions :)