Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

overspeed set itself and cant turn it off! vz berlina..

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
hi guys, the missus vz berlina turned overspeed on by itself randomly the other day and now keeps going off.

cant find a way of turning over speed off because flicking through the modes on the dash doesnt come up with the overspeed menu/option.

why would it do this? and how do we turn it off haha

cheers pauly.

FnomnaVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Berlina
A quick way is to just set it at 110/120 (when you see the set speed, press up arrow a lot) - then at least you do get a reminder when you are going a 'bit' too fast.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Overspeed is a warning/safety advisory; you can't turn if off. However, Overspeed (along with other functions) disappears completely if the dash is set to Police Mode (it is then replaced with the very bland and unserviceable Trapped Speed == and nothing else), but then you don't need that engaged (nor it is legal for non-Service vehicles). As FnomnaVZ said, set it to a higher (but legal) value e.g. for 100km/h set to 103km/h. For 110km/h, set to 112km/h. Your normal (digital speedo) display will return when your speed is below the set threshold, so how about that — the car is warning you not to speed!!

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
thanks for the advice but i dont think you understand, the overspeed menu doesnt come up at all, we can not set it to any particular speed because it doesnt come up in the menu when you press mode. unless you set overspeed off the digital speedo? i tried pressing up and down when the digital speedo was shown but it did nothing.

it might be warning her not to speed but 60 isnt the speed limit everywhere ;)

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
are you going into the settings menu as the car starts up? if you are doing this and the option isnt there im guessing you replaced the stock headunit in your car, when you do that you lose half the options for some strange reason

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
tried it while the car was running, both moving and not moving, and nah, stock headunit. it used to have overspeed in the menu list but it doesnt come up anymore.

FnomnaVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Berlina
Oh. That makes more sense..strange, haven't heard of that.