Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Owners behind the Motors

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Not sure if it's been done before or if it will take off, But i thought id start this to see what the owners on there car's do for a living, Just to show some people you don't have to be a miner to build a nice ride.

Im 28 & Electrician, (Now Tradie)

First car: 88' Manual VL SL (turn berlina) Had it for 6 years and spent HEAPS on it, I soooo miss it tho. I love VL's

Second car: VX S pac Manual with a Raptor supercharger, Iv'e brought my car 5 years ago, before i was an apprentice and supercharged it when i was a 3rd year apprentice.

What about you????

Last edited:

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
im 21, have resprayed 5 cars, installed over 12 stereos (professionally) and put a v8 into a vk wagon. Yes they were in cars that belonged to me :)
AND I have no job :(

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'm an old fart on a disability pension - I have a BSc (Biology) but spent most of my life as a cook/manager. Been playing with cars all my life, resprayed literally hundreds of them. Did some evil project cars in the late 70s- early 80s, along with my mate who with two trades as sheetmetal worker/boilermaker was a real handy mate to have. He married my sister eventually lol

I now mostly mess around with computers, fixing and building them for people in my area.

Got a few old cars lying around, a 63 Beetle (my first car lol), a 76 Centura with an e49 6 pack in it, an EL Fairmont and a few Commodores and Kias.

The best project I have ever done was a stretched WB Panelvan, with a flipfront Monza nose, 4 doors and a lazy axle so I had six wheels. Had a warm 350 chev in it backed by a Celica 5 speed and a Fairlane disc brake 9". We grafted the back doors and floorpan from a HZ Premier wagon into it... it was awesome, you could have back seats with a full length panelvan bed behind them, or fold down the station wagon back seat and have an extra long cargo area.

Last edited:

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
The best project I have ever done was a stretched WB Panelvan, with a flipfront Monza nose, 4 doors and a lazy axle so I had six wheels. Had a warm 350 chev in it backed by a Celica 5 speed and a Fairlane disc brake 9". We grafted the back doors and floorpan from a HZ Premier wagon into it... it was awesome, you could have back seats with a full length panelvan bed behind them, or fold down the station wagon back seat and have an extra long cargo area.

wow now that i would like to see pictures of :thumbsup:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ummm ok I will see what I can do lol.. it was 30 years ago, not a lot of photos have survived that long.. we didnt have digital files to store back then :)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
If you have the time, please try and find them and scan them in...would love to see it :eek:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
22 Retail Manager

Owned 4 cars in 4 years now....

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Tech Support Guy in the broadest sense, 20.

I've owned 1 car for 2 years, Dad's old VT. However, will have a new car soon, VT has shat itself.