Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oxygen sensor replacement

boogs86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK calais
hi guys,

i need to replane my oxygen sensor. i was just wondering if anyne new of an average price. is it a hard job or do i just screw it in and connect some wires?

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
It is very easy, disconnect wire connection then use a spanner to unscrew the old one out of the exhaust pipe.

Drive the front end onto car ramps. Should be on passenger side on engine pipes.

Reversal for installing new one.

Recommendation - buy a genuine one about $190.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
totq said:
It is very easy, disconnect wire connection then use a spanner to unscrew the old one out of the exhaust pipe.

Drive the front end onto car ramps. Should be on passenger side on engine pipes.

Reversal for installing new one.

Recommendation - buy a genuine one about $190.

Thats a bit rich holden wanted $90 each for my VS SII but i managed to grab 2 NTK ones from Repco for $65 each. Also a mate of mine bought genuine from holden for his VR and pretty sure he didnt pay more than $100.

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
Jon Z said:
Thats a bit rich holden wanted $90 each for my VS SII but i managed to grab 2 NTK ones from Repco for $65 each. Also a mate of mine bought genuine from holden for his VR and pretty sure he didnt pay more than $100.

You could be right Jon z.
I replaced mine about 2 months ago in brisbane. Can't remember exactly, maybe it was $97 ??? but i do remember baulking at the price - but the recommendation from the people who know was to go genuine as far as any engine management sensors are concerned.
Goes good now and economical.

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Go to Bursons There $50 & Very easy ta install

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Go to bursons and get the bosch equivalent, I have fitted several to customers cars with no probs, cheaper and don't tend to suffer from the long idle probs.