Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OzTrack Mafless Tune

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
hmmm lol nothing quite like a drive-thru OZ tune..

Like NIXONLS1 said, good luck - you'll need it :)

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
you talk about tunes like your breaking new ground and your going to be the first person to try this. and i think you expectations are a touch high, if you think your going to find some awesome hidden power that may possible make the car slightly impractical to drive..... well you wont be happy with the results.
and good luck with the cam and supercharger as well, Im sure those will both leave the car just as practical to drive as it is now.

and while im drunk ranting, if you want a practical car, cant you buy a mazda 3 and not modify it?

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
I might go to mr HDT its my call. I'm told a tune and fitting the Intake will take about 5 hours maybe he is more careful. I don't have cams I don't want to open the engine up. I'm only after a tune with an OTR shouldnt be too much of a big deal. If oz tune were so bad where is the hate threads? I'm sure if he was screwing up tunes people would be ranting all over the Internet! But no all I'm getting is a few smart as$ comments like "drive through oztune" or "Sean the scorcher" referring to Sean at mr HDT. Seems like alot of people like to talk sh*t especially when they haven't even had there car touched in the first place. Or they heavily modify it there for tuning is much harder go old school double pumpers when you want real power.

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
hmmm lol nothing quite like a drive-thru OZ tune..

Like NIXONLS1 said, good luck - you'll need it :)

What are your reasons for these emotions guys? Have you had bad experiences or do you spend to much time on forums believing rumors ?

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Everyone seems to be happy with Oztrack on Ls1.com end of the day people are bias to the shop that tuned there car. Best way is to get some feedback speak to them check there website and make a choice simple as that. MOST are good a few like "davo's fully sick tuning" might be bad but most common names would be ok.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Have you made your mind up yet?
You've again gone from Oztrack to Mr HTD... have you made up your mind on exactly what you're doing, intake and tune wise?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
He's booked in at both now. The first at 8:30am for a VCM OTR Mafless then the next at 4:30pm with "Sean Scorcher" for a hairdryer FI and the replacement of the Maf. Of course neither of his personas are aware of the others actions.:tease:

Last edited:

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
What are your reasons for these emotions guys? Have you had bad experiences or do you spend to much time on forums believing rumors ?

Mate I no people that are not happy with his tunes, my tuner has shown me the timing tables on his tunes and they are all over the place, the evidence is there. Alot of a few tuners work I no is fixing his botched tunes. And alot of people are very happy with him, lucky dip I guess.

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6

I have seen it first hand too many times..thats y.. i personally know a guy who got a tune done in less than 40min.. on a cammed (+ heads,madifold etc) ve ss ute.. quickest 364rwkw you'll get in the country. When i saw the car a week later it sounded bad ringing of its tits..coughing, smoking like a diesel truck... and went like one too...

but im sure he has happy customers too.. soo like i said good luck man.

and not everyone on ls1.com says good thinks about oz.... there have been a few nasty threads :)

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6

I have seen it first hand too many times..thats y.. i personally know a guy who got a tune done in less than 40min.. on a cammed (+ heads,madifold etc) ve ss ute.. quickest 364rwkw you'll get in the country. When i saw the car a week later it sounded bad ringing of its tits..coughing, smoking like a diesel truck... and went like one too...

but im sure he has happy customers too.. soo like i said good luck man.

and not everyone on ls1.com says good thinks about oz.... there have been a few nasty threads :)