Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OZtrack Tuning ( mail order ) Yay or Nay

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
So my money and time at oz track were completely wasted? I could've used a text editor and smashed in a 300kw tune!!!
Jesus so all the data logging and constantly annoying Steve that something didn't feel right was just a hoax?
And all the changes he sent out weren't actually changes? He was just hoping for a placebo effect?
And the dyno runs between updates to the tune!! He must've called all my local workshops and convinced em to fudge the figures!!! What a crafty lad!!!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
FWIW OzTrack tune is priceless to me, and that's not to talk up Steve, it's the best of three $1000+ tunes for L77 on e85 with AFM.
Want torque and a tranny tune so it makes pace but doesn't shear the drive components of your toy? Go with the whole professional experience and personal tweaking.
*Stoked*

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
You can download STOCK tunes for free from here: Tune File Depot but you will need Efilive or similair to run it . You can DL Efilive software for free here: http:Download Software

So now you can DL the tunes and look at them but dont get to excited just yet because here comes the killer you need the hardware so you transfer the tunes for your comp to your car dont expect much change from $1000 you can buy this here: FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning Option

All this info is for Efilive as I have not used VCM suite/Hptuners but im sure it is very similiar.

Happy tunning.

Really, this is an eye opener for someone like me who wants to get down to the nitty gritty of the tune and EFIlive calcs. Worth looking into, thanks.

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Ive had 2 of steves mail orders in 2 different cars,just raced my vy with bolt ons only, and went 12.80 110 in a m6.Bare in mind ive never raced a manual before.Im pretty happy with steves tunes but never checked them on a dyno.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
ok i will SAY IT AGAIN! just incase someone missed IT.
ALL OF AND I MEAN ALL OF THE MAFLESS 300KW TUNES WHETHER ITS DONE BY ME OR SOME EXPENSIVE MILLION DOLLAR AN HOUR DOUCHE LORD WITH SOME SICK COMPANY ARE THE 300KW GTO/GTS MAFLESS TUNE IT WAS COPIED AND PASTED ON SOMEWHERE THEN ITS USED ON YOUR PCM WITH ANOTHER OS TO RUN DUAL MAPS FOR GOOD FUEL AND BAD FUEL AND IT IS TWEAKED A LITTLE FOR YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats is so dam hard to understand about it?
:bang:
like i just did all this research right, there i was with my elm327 ebay special, then i got an idea, hey if i can clear codes maybe i can flash tune, so i searched and searched and searched and thought hang on, everyone offers a 300kw mafless tune, if memory serves me correctly the hsv had a mafless 300kw car? so BOOM i found it the 300kw gts? thats funny, so i searched and i dug and i searched and i searched and i searched and i SEARCHED! then i started to download bin files, then ask people things and there, i had my answer!
dont believe me then research it yourself
i tell you i was so disappointed to find out that some guy want 1k to do a mafless tune, a while ago i thought oh yeah for 1k its a full custom tune man but no its a copy slap paste tune that hsv made, not bad at all.
you need a xxx speed cable to flash and write to your pcm, $200 maximum, key finder free download, bin file free download, then all you need to do is find your tune, copy it, save it, flash and upload your new tune.
people have these free already made tunes all over the net, all you need is the cable, a laptop or a really long usb extension from your desktop to car!
(there is only a little more detail but seriously this is the gyst of it)
if you cbf doing all this there is a guy on ebay who will do yours or $80 and leave it unlocked for you

Ok, the way it sounded to me was that you were saying that the tunes are just a copy/paste with no tweaks, Of course the GTS tune is used as the base as it is a GREAT starting point. so now we agree that the tunes start there life as a STOCK GTS tune but as i said if you actually LOOK at one of oztracks tunes they have been tweaked therefore are no longer stock GTS tunes.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Ive had 2 of steves mail orders in 2 different cars,just raced my vy with bolt ons only, and went 12.80 110 in a m6.Bare in mind ive never raced a manual before.Im pretty happy with steves tunes but never checked them on a dyno.

same mate steve has done all the tuning on mine, once hes finished tuning mine with the new heads, im going to put it on a dyno and see what it makes

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
a custom tune to me is, they throw my car on the dyno, get a base idea of whats happening, unplug maf and remove it and iac or iat what ever it is again, reset the computer to allow no maf and run off o2 sensors only and go from there, custom tune is custom to me, not a hsv tune that has been tweeked, any more than $50 for 3 runs on a dyno and a couple hours labour not 1000+ for a hsv tune, the way i see it, a net tune is as good as another tune.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Your not taking into account the hours that the technician has spent learning the little secrets to get max performance out of your car.
Mail order tunes get you 95% of the way there, a custom tune uses the 300kw tune as a base, if you had to write a company letter would you prepare the headers and footnotes everyttime or would you use a template?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
All I know is he could not get my bolt on tune right, and now wants $300 to fix what he couldn't do in the first place.

Now that his locked my PCM, I can't even take it to someone else. Who would want to steal his rubbish tune anyway.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
All I know is he could not get my bolt on tune right, and now wants $300 to fix what he couldn't do in the first place.

Now that his locked my PCM, I can't even take it to someone else. Who would want to steal his rubbish tune anyway.

Who oztrack couldnt get ur tune right? cant a preformance shop/mob unlock it , thats bs if there is noway to unlock it