Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plate issues

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
Hi guys I dont like to enhance P Platers into speeding or hooning but since i have a soon to be 18yr old and upon some investigation and calculations you will find that in Victoria the price of Vt-Vx Calais superchargers will be on the rise as this vehicle is one of very very few performance vehicle that is still legal under the Power to Weight ratio for P platers to drive! Any thoughts and has anyone done their homework on this matter cheers
Frank

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
An S/C 6 is very much legal to drive in Victoria for P platers.. But you know that..

What would you like to know or discuss exactly?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
As for prices going up, they're not really. Seeing as the VE just came out I'm guessing they would be a little less than when I baught mine. You'll be able to find VT-VX s/c calais for anywhere between about 11,000 and 16,000

VTSick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC
Shounak said:
An S/C 6 is very much legal to drive in Victoria for P platers.. But you know that..

What would you like to know or discuss exactly?
it was just a quote and getting other members thoughts.
One thing I wasn't quite sure of is if this model is still legal after the new regulations come into play July 1st.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I was under the impression that with the new laws coming in (if you get your P's AFTER July '07)

you won't be able to drive
- anything boosted (unless it's a proven factory slug)
- anything with a decent amount of cylinders (8+)
- anything that has an engine modified in such a way to increase power from the original manufacturer (extractors, zorst, heads, cam, etc)...
- anything in a nominated list of high powered 6 cyl engines....

which means, if any car would be sought after, it would be greenfoam's old unopened remarkably fast VN!

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
P Plates?

What If?? You lost your full license (completely) and had to start again? would the restrictions relate to you? It wouldn't be good if you already owned a over powered beast and wanted to return to normal after you got it back!!:ranting: :bang:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
chris porter said:
What If?? You lost your full license (completely) and had to start again? would the restrictions relate to you? It wouldn't be good if you already owned a over powered beast and wanted to return to normal after you got it back!!:ranting: :bang:

Well from the governments perspective you shouldnt be driving such a vehicle anyway in your probationary period after you lost your license for bein an idiot in it.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
*offtopic* In nsw can p plater's drive vl turbo's??? I want a turbo vl:D

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
annoyed, i cant drive a supercharged no matter what car it is....