Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

p plate legal mods for manual v6 vp?

jen87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore executive s1
wondering if anyone has any suggestion for p plate legal modifications i can do to my manual v6 vp commodore? Also what body kits will fit it?

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
im not too sure in regards to the nsw laws. contact the rta or check the website. someone on here would know for sure.

as for body kits, they are gay on vp's. the best one is the ss kit which is just a front and rear lip and sideskirts. nice and subtle and not over the top. thats my 2c

George

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
welcome to the forum.

for p plate legal modifications, check your local laws. it's your lucky day because i've done it for you:
Restrictions for P1 driver licences
Restrictions for P2 licences
Vehicles – You must not drive any vehicle with:
- Modifications that increase engine performance.

so if you modify your car performance wise, it won't be p plate legal. aesthetics will be ok - but that's subjective so you don't need our help deciding what you want your car to look like.

if you still want to modify it anyway, do a search. the same question pops up about 3 times a week, and of course, this topic has been covered before :)

jen87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore executive s1
:)

thanks for that. It has an aftermarket computer and chip when i bought it so i'm guessing i should get them removed.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
no performance enhancing modifications. that being said, what they cant see wont hurt em.

im half way thorugh my greens and have a tune, C.A.I, KN Filter, exhaust and havent got any attention

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
I have a CAI, chip, k&n filter, exhaust, line locker, number plate light switch and LSD and ive been pulled over a few times for driving like a dick and only got in trouble because the exhaust was to loud and home made lol. you can get away with anyting exept a fat turbo or superchager.

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
k @ the end of the day, cops arent mechanics; my car has an exhaust system, which is performance enhancing, but they never say anything about it. so id say get an exhaust system, injectors, pod filter, n other parts like that, or if you wanna spend money, rebuild the engine with performance parts :p