Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate legal mods for vt in VIC

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Nathanvs, I did not want to touch on this but, by putting down the news people, you force me to. One of my neices had a very well paying job carting dead bodies to various places. The number of L and P Platers she had to cart was way in excess of the number of older drivers (per capita) and often the P Platers would be in more than one piece (heads or limbs torn off) or burned so badly they would fall apart when they were handled. These are the bits of news you never see on tv. BS? No mate, they are not allowed to report fully on news items like that.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
In addition to advanced driver courses, new drivers should be made to sit through graphic video of what happens when you're a dick.

But that a side.
The wheel size laws still exists they've changed it though.
The over all tyre ratio cannot change more then 20% (IIRC, I could very well be wrong). So you know those funny numbers on the side? (205/65/r15) Well you basically can't go past 245/40/R18.

I'm not even sure if the maths is correct. But that's not the point :).

On the point of engine mods not making the car faster. I don't think that's what people are worried about. Its the dick head mentality that it seems to instil in people once they do them. Cars loud, so they drive like Fangio.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Nathanvs, I did not want to touch on this but, by putting down the news people, you force me to. One of my neices had a very well paying job carting dead bodies to various places. The number of L and P Platers she had to cart was way in excess of the number of older drivers (per capita) and often the P Platers would be in more than one piece (heads or limbs torn off) or burned so badly they would fall apart when they were handled. These are the bits of news you never see on tv. BS? No mate, they are not allowed to report fully on news items like that.

No offense meant mate, my point still stands but there are definitely other views to the argument. Shows like TT and ACA can't be trusted, the spin they put on somethings can be completely opposite to what it is, the whole country is manhunting P platers now because of them - but you are right there are that many ########s that something needed to be done - but that wasn't it. Glad I didn't have her job lol.

Hopz

$B-RAD$
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
1998 VT S1 Exec
In addition to advanced driver courses, new drivers should be made to sit through graphic video of what happens when you're a dick.

But that a side.
The wheel size laws still exists they've changed it though.
The over all tyre ratio cannot change more then 20% (IIRC, I could very well be wrong). So you know those funny numbers on the side? (205/65/r15) Well you basically can't go past 245/40/R18.

I'm not even sure if the maths is correct. But that's not the point :).

On the point of engine mods not making the car faster. I don't think that's what people are worried about. Its the dick head mentality that it seems to instil in people once they do them. Cars loud, so they drive like Fangio.

Thanks mate who do tou think i should contact to verify that? vic roads?

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
fucccck my brother gave me my car with pacemakers and a 2.5 catback lol and i go for my licence in 23 days

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
fucccck my brother gave me my car with pacemakers and a 2.5 catback lol and i go for my licence in 23 days

you will be fine mate, every P plater in a commodore has an exhaust .

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
#### my brother gave me my car with pacemakers and a 2.5 catback lol and i go for my licence in 23 days

Dont worry about it aslong as you have a zorst (thats not stupid loud) you wont get caught for it.

knk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
worth mentioning that if your one of the few still under the old laws(3 years on green) I don't think the modifications rules apply