Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate legal mods for vt in VIC

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Could not have said it better myself graham.
"what performance mods would i be able to do on a vt that is legal in victoria?" seeing you mention "legal", i agree with hama time. None and for more emphasis, nada, zip, nought, zero, you are not legally entitled to modify your motor including exhaust mods. I am surprised this thread has not been closed for promoting something that is obviously illegal for p platers. The faster you go, the harder you stop. You only have to watch the news to see what p platers are doing to themselves in and with cars. Nuff said.

then again i aint the best speller lol so i couldnt have typed it myself either lol...good on ya gray

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
This thread is so full of fail.

I will say again.

You modify your car to 'enhance' it's performance, it's illegal for a P Plater. Whether you will get caught for it or not is a different story.

Australia is on a P Plater manhunt, thanks to an over exaggerated number of P Platers and young drivers in modified and unmodified cars killing themselves and others. They are not the majority, they are the minority. But the news gets onto the story and blows it out of proportion and fuels the fire. Society is so gullible as a whole that they all believe to the finest detail of what bullshit most of the Current Affairs shows put out. It is scapegoating and over exaggerating a problem which does exist but nowhere near to the extent which most people believe.
The news would have you believe that any young male in a car is a threat, anyone in a modified street car is a threat. Yes they are, so are old grannies, so are international drivers, so are drunks, so are druggies. Everyone on the road is a threat, didn't anyone's driving instructor teach them not to trust anyone on the road??? Graham, you are right, there are alot of young drivers killing themselves, but they are not the majority. Victoria loses about 300 lives in road related accidents per year, go and see how many of those are actually young males in hotted up cars (or non hotted up cars).

The news is an opinion, a journalist is a person like you and I, who hears a few people's facts and opinions and writes a story. They are not 100% correct, they are not 100% unbiased.

Hopz

$B-RAD$
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
1998 VT S1 Exec
Dude im not wanting to start a fight on here just a question that was asked which should of been rephrased my bad lol

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
yeahh Its not a loud discusting ratty tone, its nice and tuned I love it
at idle its just a tiger purring

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
You have also missed the point if you are in an accident the insurance company wont pay out if the car is modified

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Bullshit.
The only time they wont pay out is if the modification directly caused the accident.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
You have also missed the point if you are in an accident the insurance company wont pay out if the car is modified

They should if you tell them about the mods.

And if you don't, well, don't bother getting insurance.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Insurance doesn't give a **** about the legalities of the modification. If you don't tell them about the mod then it wont be covered. But if the mod isn't effected by the damage there's no issue. Been there done that. :p

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
All depends on the insurance company, remember these are just private companies not government agencies. I know I'm covered for the mods on my car, soop could be right that it wouldn't make any differerence unless its the cause of the accident, but again depends on the company ether could easily get out of paying the claim.